The organisation for the Transborda Brasília – Contemporary Art Prize has announced the 20 selected artists running for the aquisition, scholarship and artistic advice awards. The artworks chosen by the jury will be presented to the public from the 15th July in a group show at the Brasília Caixa Cultural.
Aiming to map out and know the artistic production in the Brazil capital and its surroundings, the prize organisation received about a thousand artworks by 146 artists in the area. The jurors, curators and artists, comment on the great difficulty they experienced in deciding who the 20 selected artists would be. “We were very pleased with the great amount of enrollments and the high quality of the works presented”, says Bruna Neiva, a member of the Transborda Brasília organisation.
The artists with works selected were André Santangelo, Camila Soato, César Becker, Felipe Cavalcante, Gregório Soares, Hermano Luz, Iris Helena, Isabella Carneiro, Janaína Miranda, Julia Milward, Karina Dias, Leopoldo Wolf, coletivo Tres Pe, Nina Orthof, Osvaldo, Pedro Ivo Verçosa, Raquel Nava, Renato Rios, Rodrigo Cruz e Virgilio Neto.
The jurors were:
– Agnaldo Farias, curator at the 29th São Paulo Biennial and the 54th Venice Biennale Brazilian pavillion
– Cristiana Tejo, curator of the 32nd MAM-SP Brazilian Art Panorama and Marcantonio Vilaça Prize
– Fernando Cocchiarale, former MAM-Rio director, art critic, curator and professor at the Parque Lage Visual Arts School
– Marília Panitz, master in Contemporary Art and independent curator
– Ralph Gehre, artist and curator, Funarte prize juror