(last updated in July 2018)
Santa Maria, Brazil, 1977.
Lives and works in São Paulo, SP.
PIPA Prize 2018 nominee.
“Something astonishing and also familiar stares back at us when we observe Rodrigo Linhares works. The gaze seems disoriented, lost in the representation game proposed by the artist. The scenes form an unfolding labyrinth, repeated in layers. Soon we recognize that those places are where we are and that his self-portraits also multiply in the same maze manner, among presences and absences, super exposition and disappearances.” – Nathalia Lavigne
Rodrigo concluded a B.A. in Visual Arts at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria. Since 2014 he integrates Ateliê Fidalga, under the coordination of the artists Albano Afonso e Sandra Cinto. In 2017, he won the prize of 42º SARP – Salão de Arte de Ribeirão Preto, took part at the 8th Prêmio Diário Contemporâneo de Fotografia in Pará and showed his first solo at Adelina Galeria in São Paulo.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2018:
– Takes part in Ateliê Fidalga, under the coordination of Sandra Cinto and Albano Afonso
– B.A. in Visual Arts at Universidade Federal de Santa Maria
– MARP – Museu de Arte de Ribeirão Preto (April the 20th to May the 25th) São Paulo, Brazil
– “Algorab”, Adelina Galeria, curated by Nathalia Lavigne, (September the 26th to November the 4th), São Paulo, Brazil
– “Desaparecimento: primeiros estudos na sala expositiva do Projeto Fidalga” [Disappearance: first studies at Projeto Fidalga exhibition room], Ateliê Fidalga, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Para que eu possa ouvir” [So that I can listen], curated by Douglas Negrissoli, Adelina Galeria´s inauguration, Galeria Adelina, São Paulo, Brazil
– VIII Prêmio Diário Contemporâneo de Fotografia [VIII Contemporary Diary of Photography Prize] Belém, Brazil
– Participation at the project “Library of Love” invited by Sandra Cinto, Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
– 42º SARP – Salão de Arte de Ribeirão Preto Nacional – Contemporâneo [42nd Contemporary Art National Show of Ribeirão Preto], Ribeirão Preto, Brazil
– 44º Salão de Arte Contemporânea Luiz Sacilotto [44th Luiz Sacilotto Contemporary Art Show], Santo André, Brazil
– Big scale photography intervention at Galeria Adelina’s future building, curated by Douglas Negrisolli, São Paulo, Brazil
– 16º Salão Nacional de Arte de Jataí, [16th National Art Show of Jataí], Jataí, Brazil
– 31º Salão de Artes Plásticas de Jacarezinho [31st Visual Art Show of Jacarezinho], Jacarezinho, Brazil
– Participation at the book “43 Visões do Monte Fuji por Artistas Contemporâneos Brasileiros” [43 Visions of Mount Fuji by Contemporary Brazilian Artists] for The Fine Art Laboratory Gallery, of Musashino Art University, initiative of Ateliê Fidalga, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
– Acquisition Prize at 42º SARP – Salão de Arte de Ribeirão Preto, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil
– Acquisition Prize 44º Salão de Arte Contemporânea Luiz Sacilotto, Santo André, Brazil
– Atelier Adelina, from June to September, São Paulo, Brazil
– Residência Paulo Reis, in June, São Paulo, Brazil
- Meet the artists qualified for the 2nd round of PIPA Online 2018
- More 2018 nominees' artists pages updated on our website
- Watch more exclusive video-interviews with this edition's nominees
- Meet the 78 nominees of PIPA Prize 2018
- PIPA Prize 2018 Nominees | 14th Bulletin