Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1955.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA 2010 nominee.
Ivani Pedrosa explores the photography via mobile device, being a fast and available for both capture and send images to the world.Following this path she presented the individual VIRαVER at Centro Cultural Justiça Federal, in Rio de Janeiro in 2008.
Another line of Pedrosa’s work are the Interactive Sound Installations generally presented in the form of Interactive Sound Installations and Interactive Installations, as ‘Construtiva X’ from 2008 showed at her first international exhibition ‘Las Americas Latinas. Las fatigas del querer’, at Spazio Oberdan, Milan, Italy.
In these installations are addressed questions about the construction / deconstruction of the image that each one offers to the other and the “narcissism” created by the contemporary world. “The observer is required on their perceptions and led to interact with the work without an imposition, by pure curiosity that the work generates to its mere contact” (part of the text by Reynaldo Roels to the exhibition at Centro Universitário Mariantonia, São Paulo, Brazil).
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010.
“eleveNArt-SESC Arte24horas.wmv”. Duration: 5’41”
“Botando banca”. Duration: 3’27”
Graduated by Escola Nacional de Belas Artes da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (1995).
Participated in an international art workshop in London in 1994, and in the years 1996 to 2007, she attended courses at the Escola de Artes Visuais do Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro with the teachers Reynaldo Roels, Iole de Freitas, Guilherme Bueno, Fernando Cocchiarale, Charles Watson and Bia Amaral, and photograhy courses at Atelie da Imagem with Patricia Gouvea.
She began showing her works in 1999, at Museu Nacional de Belas Artes do Rio de Janeiro and then particpated in group exhibitions around the country, as ‘Tangências’ showed in 2001 at Gabinete de Arte Raquel Arnaud in São Paulo.
In 2004, she had her first individual at Centro Universitário Mariantonia da Universidade do Estado de Sâo Paulo, showing the sound architectural intervention ‘Espaço Amplificado III’.
– Weekly meeting with a group of independent artists with the curator Guilherme Bueno.
– Brazilian Art with the curator Guilherme Bueno at EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Fortnightly meeting with a group of independent artists at EAV-Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Laboratory of Research and Digital Graphics, with Bia Amaral, NAT-EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2006 – 2005
– Analysis and insertion in contemporary production, with Iole de Freitas, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– 3D, with Iole de Freitas, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
1996 – 1994
– Theoretical Course with Reynaldo Roels – EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– BA in Painting at Fine Arts School at UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Origin and Ownership, with Charles Watson, at Artist’s studio , Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Practical and Theoretical courses, with Charles Watson, Milton Machado, Ricardo Basbaum, Ângela Eanes and Stella Gambling, London, UK.
– “Arte24Horas”, SESC Rio Noites Cariocas, Development of a Workshop of art-video with a cell phone, with curatorship of Isabel Portella and Flavia Corpas – Espaço Píer Mauá, Armazém 4, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Las Americas Latinas. Las fatigas del querer” – group show with latin-american contemporary artists , at Spazio Oberdan, Milan/Italy, with curatorship of Philippe Daverio, Helena Agudio e Jean Blanchaert.
-“Ocupação em Lugar de Estar…”, group occupation of the Clube Naval da Marinha Brasileira building, downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Entre-Imagens”, group show at Galeria ‘Largo das Artes’ downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Fernando Cocchiarale.
– “Botando Banca”, video made during the exhibition ‘Entre-imagens’, where the artist had exchanged place with the hawkers, allowing them to go and see the installation “Construtiva X”.
– “VIRαVER ”, solo exhibition at Centro Cultural da Justiça, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Transverso”, Group show with independent artists on the second floor of an old mansion at Praça Tiradentes number 83, downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, January 2008.
– “Diminuir as Distâncias”, Galeria do Palácio do Itamaraty, Brasília, Brazil, curated by Luiza Interlenghi.
– FOTORIO 2007, “Project Art and Mobility” (cell phones pictures of daily routes), NAT/EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Bia Amaral.
– Projeto “faz Arte”, Social project in partnership with Laboratório Genzyme do Brasil, Ateliê da Imagem, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Acessos Possíveis II”, Total occupation of the mansion of EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Zona Oculta – Entre o Público e o Privado”, Espaço Cultural CEDIM, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,
-“Acessos Possíveis”, Commemorative exhibition of the 30 years of EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– Centro Universitário Mariantônia, USP, São Paulo, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Posição 2004”, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“8 : 7” (Oito horas para sete artistas), Occupation of the mansion of the EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Tangências”, Gabinete de Arte Raquel Arnaud, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Novíssimos”, Galeria IBEU Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Múltipla Escolha”, Galeria SESC Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Museu Nacional de Belas Artes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Prize through UniversidArte V, Universidade Estácio de Sá, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Project “faz Arte” from APMPS Associação Paulista de Mucopolissacaridose with Laboratório Genzyme do Brazil.