Belo Horizonte, MG, 1974.
Lives and works in São Paulo, SP.
PIPA 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 nominee.
Video made by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2013.
Video made by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010.
Videos by the artist
Video “Not Yet”, 2011
Video “Coluna Infinita”, 2011
About the artist
Master the School of Fine Arts of UFMG, 2007, and graduated in fine arts course at the Escola Guignard, UEMG, 2001. Since 1998 she has participated in several group and solo exhibitions. 2003, I Bolsa Pampulha. 2005 Programa Trajetórias of Centro Cultural Joaquim Nabuco, Recife – PE. 2005/2006 Rumos Visuais do Instituto Itaú Cultural. 2007 awarded the Prêmio Projéteis, Rio de Janeiro, and Prêmio Atos Visuais, Brasília, both granted by Funarte. 2009, “Border Game” performs solo exhibition at the gallery Millan. 2010 participates in the “Paralela10″. In 2011, Temporada de Projetos do Paço das Artes São Paulo 2011, the 8th Mercosul Biennial and receives award at the Foreign Ministry I Concurso Itamaraty de Arte Contemporânea. She is awarded with Bolsa Estímulo às Artes Visuais 2012 granted by Funarte. In July 2013, realizes the solo exhibition “Zone Instability” in CAIXA Cultural São Paulo and is selected for the 18th International Festival of Contemporary Art Videobrasil and participates in the exhibition “Blind Field” at the Karnnet Museum, Illinois, USA.
Artist’s link O MAC encontra os artistas
Represented by the gallery Jaqueline Martins.
For the full list with PIPA artists click here.
- Show brings together works by Cinthia Marcelle, Lais Myrrha, Marilá Dardot, Matheus Rocha Pitta and Sara Ramo
- "Quarta-feira de cinzas" presents special progamme with works by 27 artists
- Last days | "Assalto", solo show by Matheus Rocha Pitta
- Matheus Rocha Pitta presents series for the first time in Brazil
- Opening | "Assalto", solo show by Matheus Rocha Pitta
- Marcantonio Vilaça Prize Nominees’ exhibition
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominees | 4th bulletin
- Last days | "Camada Superficial", exhibition with Lais Myrrha and Wagner Malta Tavares | Curated by Hector Zamora