Brasília, DF, 1979.
Lives and works in Catalonia, Spain.
PIPA 2011 nominee.
Video made by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2011.
Interview with the artist, made by Paradigmas Gallery (in Spanish):
About the artist
Leopoldo Wolf, also known as LH Wolf, was graduated with a degree in Visual Arts from Brasilia University (UnB), further continued with post-graduate studies in Applied Illustration at the Superior Institute of Design and Image (IDEP), in Barcelona, and in 2011 completed the Master degree in Comparative Studies between Literature, Art and Thought, at the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), in Barcelona, Spain. In Brasilia, Leopoldo Wolf collaborated in different collective works on ephemeral art such as 0.17 and Fora do-Eixo. From 1994 on, he has participated in several exhibitions which include Ideograma Esvaziado in the Fora-do-Eixo – Precipitações, editions at Museu Nacional do Conjunto Cultural da República (12/08); VER = LER, at Galeria de Faculdade de Artes Visuais UFG – GO (03/06); VERBO, Performance Art Festival at Galeria Vermelho – SP (06/06). ); he won the 1st prize in the Salão do Iate Clube de Brasília (11/05); he was invited to the project Redemergencia from FUNARTE in Brasilia (11/05); he won the Acquisition Award from the X Salão de Pequenos Formatos UNAMA, at Galeria de Arte Graça Landeira, Belém – PA (04/04); he has also exhibited his art-books in Obra Nome, on Brazilian visual poetry at the Conjunto Cultural da Caixa, Brasília (12/03). Part of his work is now part of the collections of SAELPA, UNAMA, MAB and the Museu Bispo do Rosário.
- 2011 – Master degree in Comparative Studies in Literature, Art, and Thought at the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), in Barcelona, Spain
- 2008 – Post-graduate studies in Applied Illustration at the Superior Institute of Design and Image (IDEP), in Barcelona
- 2006 – Degree in Visual Arts from Brasilia University (UnB)
- 1998 – Printmaking, Academie Royale Des Beaux-Arts, Brussels
2011 – Imitant el Moviment d´um Robot de Veritat, Paradigmas galeria
- Ideograma Esvaziado - Edition of the project Fora do Eixo – Museu da República, Brasília
- TNX4INF – AKA, Barcelona
- Presente – Galeria Parangolé, Espaço Cultural Renato Russo – 508 Sul, Brasília – DF
- A. Plástica – Casa de Cultura da América Latina, Brasília – DF
- VIII Salão do Iate Clube de Brasília Salão do Iate Clube, Brasília – DF – 1st Prize
- 10 º Salão de Pequenos Formatos UNAMA – (Universidade da Amazônia) – Galería de Arte Graça Landeira, Belém – PA – Acquisition Prize
- Visual Language Award: Incentive for the Art Production – CAL, Brasília – DF – Honorable Mention Prize
- Mirar con el estómago & comer por los ojos
Galeria Madame La Marquise, Barcelona, set 12
- MAB – Diálogos da Resistência
Museu Nacional da República, Brasília, fev 12
- SuperFragil – Galeria Objeto Encontrado, Brasília – http://losbois.blogspot.com
- Biennal Tehran: Urban Jealousy – Ich Orya, Berlin, Germany – www.biennialtehran.com/artists
- The Realm o Manifold Arts, Istanbul, Turkey
- 30×30 – Tschau Tschüssi, Leipzig, Germany – tschau-tschuessi.de
- Brasília: Projetos e Fragmentos – ECCO, Brasília – DF – www.eccobrasilia.com.br
- VER = LER – Galeria de Faculdade de Artes Visuais UFG, Goiânia – GO – www.fav.ufg.br/galeriadafav/exposicoes
- Abre Alas – Gentil Carioca, Rio de Janeiro – RJ – www.agentilcarioca.com.br
- jet.sis – Performance event of Agencia Verbo, Galeria Vermelho, São Paulo – SP
-Há muito tempo atrás… – FUNARTE, galeria Faiga Ostrower, Redemergencias, Brasília – DF
- Situações Brasília – Conjunto Cultural da Caixa, Brasília – DF
- Obra Nome – Poesia Visual Brasileira – Conjunto Cultural da Caixa, Brasília – DF
Represented by Paradigmas
For the full list with the nominated artists click here.