São Paulo, Brazil, 1977.
Lives and works between Paris, France and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Represented by Galeria Nara Roesler.
PIPA 2011 nominee.
Rodolpho Parigi graduated from the Armando Alvares Penteado Foundation in 2007, participated in an artist residency program at the Cité International des Arts in Paris en 2009 and PIESP -Independent Program at Escola São Paulo, in 2010. Recently he has conducted a special project in Leipzig – Germany, followed by his second solo exhibition at the gallery Nara Roesler. Also has exhibited in Milan – Italy. Parigi has works in the collections of Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, MAM Bahia, Itau Cultural, MARP, MAB and others.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2011.
Selected Solo and Group Exhibitions
– “Panoramas do Sul”, Video Brazil Contemporary Art Festival, SESC, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “A Mão negativa”, Escola de Artes Visuais do Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “LOL Levels of Life 1- 2″, ARTSPACE, Auckland, New Zeland.
– “El Bestiário”, Sketch, Bogotá, Colombia.
– “A Entrevista”, Phosphurus, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “TRANSformação”, CCBB Centro Cultura Banco do Brasil, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Febre”, Pivô, São Paulo, Brazil.
– Programa de Exposições Centro Cultural São Paulo, Casa Modernista, São Paulo, Brazil.
– Red Bull House Of Arts, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Spinnerei Leipzig Walkabout”, Leipzig, Germany.
– “Os Primeiros Dez Anos”, Instituto Tomie Ohtake, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Works on Paper”, Rabitthole Space Brooklyn, New York, USA.
– “Novas Aquisições da Coleção MAM”, Salvador, Brazil.
– “Open Studio”, Cité des Arts, Paris, France.
– “Concrete Blonde”, Galeria Nara Roesler, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “I(Legítimo)”, Paço das Artes, São Paulo, Brazil.
– SESC Pinheiros, Grupo 2000e8, São Paulo, Brazil.
– International Painting Prize Guasch Coranty, Barcelona, Spain.
– FLORA ars+ natura Bogotá, Colombia
– Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
– Itaú Cultural, São Paulo, Brazil.
– Museum of Modern Art of Bahia (MAM), Salvador, Brazil.
– Museum of Art of Ribeirão Preto (MARP), Brazil.
– Museum of Brazilian Art (MAB), São Paulo, Brazil.
– Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP), São Paulo, Brazil.
– Museum of Contemporary Art of Sorocaba (MACS), Brazil.
– ART Vantage, Tiroche DeLeon collection Gibraltar
– SP Arte Grupo Iguatemi 2011, piece from the MAM-Bahia archive, Salvador, Brazil.
– SP Arte Banco Espirito Santo 2009, piece for the collection Pinacoteca do Estado, São Paulo, Brazil.
- An ever-shifting exhibition in search of its author, "Unanimous Night" features 25 artists
- Artists explore the possibilities of corporal representation in "O Corpo e a Obra de Arte"
- Last days | Panoramas do Sul - 19th edition of the Contemporary Art Festival Sesc_Videobrasil
- 19th edition of the Contemporary Art Festival Sesc_Videobrasil presents works by 62 artists and groups of 27 countries
- "A Mão Negativa", group show comprising 50 works by 38 artists | Film screening this Friday
- "Expo 14/15" begins a project where artists become curators
- Group show "Expo 14/15" is curated by the artist Luiz Roque
- Opening | Group show "Expo 14/15"
- Last days | Group exhibition "To see what is coming"
- Group exhibition with performances, film screenings and publications occupies Rio gallery