Manaus, AM, 1976.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
PIPA 2011, 2014, 2015 nominee.
Finalist and Popular Vote Exhibition 2012 Winner.
Video made by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2014.
Video made by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2011.
Video by the artist
Salt and Silver
About the artist
Rodrigo Braga was born in Manaus (Amazon, Brazil) in 1976, was raised in Recife where he wasgraduated in Visual Arts at the Federal University of Pernambuco (2002). Currently living in Rio de Janeiro. In 2012 received the Pipa Prize – Modern Art Museum of Rio de Janeiro and, in 2013, the Emerging Talent Prize of Art Museum of São Paulo – MASP.
His main group shows include: Cruzamentos: Contemporary Brazilian Art, Wexner Center for The Arts, Ohio – EUA; 30th São Paulo Bienal, The Imminence of Poetics (São Paulo, 2012); From the Margin to the Edge, Somerset House (London, 2012); Mythologies, Cité Internationale des Arts (Paris, 2011); Giant by nature, IVAM – Instituto Valenciano de Arte Moderna (Valencia, 2011); Extreme, MEP – Maison Européene de La Photographie (Paris, 2010); Generation 00: The New Brazilian Photography, Sesc Belenzinho (São Paulo, 2011); Modern Photographic Expression of Brazil (Japan, 2008); New Art New, CCBB, (Rio de Janeiro, 2008 and São Paulo, 2009); Neighbors: networked art in Brazil (Austria, 2006); The Body in Brazilian Contemporary Art, Itaú Cultural (São Paulo, 2005).
Selected solo exhibitions: Dead Horse Bay, Residency Unlimited, New York – USA; Altered Cycles, Modern Art Museum Aloisio Magalhães (Recife, 2011); In Flanders Fields Museum (Belgium, 2010); Itaú Cultural (São Paulo, 2006); Marcantonio Vilaça Gallery/Santander Cultural Institute (Recife, 2006); Clairefontaine Gallery (Luxemburgo, 2005).
Some of his works can be found in private and public collections in Brazil and abroad, such as Maisón Européene de La Photographie, Paris, and Modern Art Museum of São Paulo.
Represented by Galeria Vermelho.
- Opening | "Vértice", with works from the collection of Sergio Carvalho
- Curated by Marília Panitz, Marisa Mokarzel and Polyanna Morgana, group exhibition "Vértice" opens next week
- On view | Marcantonio Vilaça Prize Nominees’ exhibition
- Vivian Caccuri presents a silent walk as a part of "Encruzilhada"
- Tomorrow | "Tombo", installation by Rodrigo Braga - guided visitation with the artist
- Group show "Encruzilhada" brings together 115 works by 74 artists
- Marcantonio Vilaça Prize Nominees’ exhibition
- Open talk with Rodrigo Braga and curator Thais Rivitti takes place at installation "Tombo"
- Solo show by Rodrigo Braga is highlighted in Brazilian newspaper
- On view | "Tombo", site-specific installation by Rodrigo Braga