Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Member of the PIPA Nominating Committee 2011.
Luiz Zerbini (São Paulo, Brazil, 1959) is a Brazilian artist. He studied at Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado (FAAP), in São Paulo. He lives in Rio de Janeiro since 1982. He works with painting, sculpture, photography and installations.
In 1995, he has created the art group Chelpa Ferro together with the artists Barrão and Sergio Mekler.
- "Dreaming Awake" invites visitors to experience a tropical rainforest
- "Spacemen/cavemen" enacts dialogue between the past and the future
- Jacaranda, in Villa Aymoré, presents group show featuring 14 artists
- Luiz Zerbini presents his foray into the universe of prints for the first time
- Luiz Zerbini showcases collages and large-scale paintings in London
- ArtRio Carioca opens this week, showcasing 22 galleries based in Rio de Janeiro
- Contemporary art space "Jacaranda" debuts with group exhibition and the release of the second edition of the magazine
- "Histórias/Histories: Contemporary Art from Brazil" reflects on the country's cultural diversity
- Last days | Exhibition "Ficções" dives into contemporary artistic narratives
- On view | "Ficções" explores narratives behind contemporary Brazilian artworks