São Paulo, Brazil, 1981.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil
PIPA 2012 nominee.
Graduated in Fine Arts from the University of São Paulo in 2008.
Since 2005, Erica has participated in exhibitions with the group ‘Hóspede’ and has also presented solo shows. Ferrari participated in the 61st Abril Salon in Fortaleza, the 68th Santo André Salon, where she won the Acquisition Prize and was a resident of the Open Studio [Ateliê Aberto] at Casa Tomada Space in 2010.
In 2011, she participated in the 36th Art Salon of Ribeirão Preto, where she was also honoured with the Acquisition Award. The artist received a funding from the Ministry of Culture of São Paulo through the Cultural Programme of Action with the project ‘Panorama Imaginista’, presented individually at Emma Thomas Gallery and at the Palácio das Artes in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and participated in the group exhibition ‘Nova Escultura Brasileira’, at Caixa Cultural of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the first semester of 2012, Ferrari produced an unique installation for the English Culture Award Festival and for the Museum of Art of Ribeirão Preto, Brazil. The artist participated in the artistic residency programme at the Sculpture Space, Utica, New York, USA, from September to October.
In 2013, she participated in the residency programme at Atelie Rampa, Madrid, Spain. In the same year, she had an individual exhibition at the 32nd edition of ARCO, Madrid, Spain, represented at the ‘Solo Projects’ by Emma Thomas Gallery.
- Last days | "Totemonumento", group show with Clara Ianni, Erica Ferrari, Frederico Filippi and Regina Parra
- "Totemonumento" gathers together works that transmit the idea of memory and history
- Opening | 11th edition of project "Abre Alas" exhibition
- Last days | Situações Brasília 2014 Prize awards 25 artists
- Situações Brasília 2014 | See some of the works on view and contemplated artists
- Opening | Situações Brasília 2014 Prize awards 25 artists
- Last days | "Estratigrafia - Palácios", solo exhibition by Érica Ferrari
- Last days | "Corpos d'água", solo exhibition by Erica Ferrari
- Erica Ferrari displays artwork inspired by the São Paulo landscape
- Érica Ferrari on view with the solo exhibition "Estratigrafia - Palácios"