Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1980.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Represented by Martha Pagy escritório de arte.
PIPA 2014 Nominee.
Developing his language through collages, objects and installations, drawing on the relationships between two and three dimensional planes, place and void, inside and outside, dissolution of form and autonomy of colour.
Marcelo Jácome’s research permeates issues related to the concept of space-time which enables him to work on the idea of expanded painting, problematized from sculptural-objects and participatory installations.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2014.
Architect and Urbanist, graduated in 2005 from Santa Úrsula University.
Started his Art training in 2001 with prominent names in the Brazilian art scene such as Iole de Freitas, GlóriaFerreira and others.
-“Paper”, Saatchi Gallery, London, UK.
-“Próximo Futuro – O Passadiço”, Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal.
-“Rio”, Laguna Beach, California, USA.
-“2013”, School of Visual Artes Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro.
-“Building Bridges”, Rozemblum Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
-“Jeux de Couleurs”, Geneva, Switzerland.
-Contemporary Art Fair Art Geneva 2014, Switzerland.
-“Pórtico – Brazil”, Território Plural, 2014.
-“public art at the Jardin d’ Acclimatation”, Paris, France.
- Marcelo Jácome in solo show in Switzerland
- Last days | "Made by... Feito por Brasileiros", exhibition with over 100 artists and brand new works
- Over 100 artists featured in exhibition at a historical São Paulo spot
- Opening | "Made by... Feito por Brasileiros", exhibition with over 100 artists and brand new works
- Check out this week's video interviews: Laura Vinci, Marcelo Jácome and Pablo Ferretti
- PIPA 2014 nominee interview: Marcelo Jácome
- PIPA 2014 Artists | See the pages created this week
- Last days | "A questão do espaço na arte", with Marcelo Jácome
- Marcelo Jácome participates in group show with an installation
- PIPA 2014 | Participating Artists