Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1984.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
PIPA 2016 and 2017 nominee.
Artist and member of the Theatre Company Ueinzz. Attented courses at the School of Visual Arts of Parque Lage between 1998 and 2005. Completed his Masters Degree in History at PUC-Rio, 2010.
Between 2006 and 2011, taught History of Art at the School of Visual Arts of Parque Lage. He currently teaches at MAM-SP and at Tomie Ohtake Institute, São Paulo. In 2010 worked as a Curator of the film, performances and debates of the ‘Terreiros’ during the 29th São Paulo Biennial. In 2011 was the curator, together wit Fernando Cocchiarale, of the exhibition “Cavalos de Tróia” of the project “Caos e Efeito” at Itaú Cultural. Since 2011, França has been working with drawings, collages, films and installations. Solo and group exhibitions include: Arte Atual Festival (Tomie Ohtake Institute, 2015) “Rumos Itaú Cultural” (2015), “Strip” (Fredric Snitzer Gallery, 2015), “Capital/Radical” (Galeria Central, 2014), “Objeto da Natureza” (Paço das Artes, 2014), “Boletim” (Galeria Milan, 2013), “É preciso confrontar as imagens vagas com gestos claros” (Oficina Oswald de Andrade, 2012), “Homeroadmovie” (CCSP, 2012). Has collaborated, since 2011, with the Theatre Company Ueinzz in the development of the plays “Cais de Ovelhas” and “Gravidade Zero”, in addition to other projects. His recent works are born from the contact and the work in performance experiences from the Company.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2017:
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2016:
- See the pages of eight artists nominated for PIPA Prize 2017
- More videos with the artists nominated for PIPA Prize 2017
- Eight artists discuss the concept of beauty in the group show "A Bela e a Fera"
- Meet the PIPA Prize 2017 participating artists
- View the complete list of the PIPA Prize 2017 nominees
- Interview with Pipa 2016 Nominated Artists
- Interview with Pipa 2016 Nominated Artists | Meet Pedro França
- PIPA 2016 Nominees | 8th Bulletin
- Temporada de Projetos 2014 | Featuring Beto Shwafaty, Érica Ferrari and Marcelo Amorim