São Paulo, SP, 1983.
Lives and works in São Paulo.
PIPA 2012 and 2013 nominee.
About the artist:
- Received a scholarship from Adriano Pedrosa’s “Programa Independente” at Escola São Paulo.
- Member of the “Criticism and Curatorship Study Group” lead by Tadeu Chiarelli at the Department of Arts of the University of São Paulo.
- Workshops organized by Capacete Entretenimentos with: Raimundas Malasaukas, Ana Paula Cohen, Elfi Turpin, Inti Guerreiro, Carla Zaccagnini, Santiago Garcia Navarro, Mariana Castillo Deball, Ligia Nobre and Marcia Ferran.
- “Art, Art System, Society and Culture” Study group coordinated by Ricardo Basbaum at Santa Marcelina College.
- Curatorship workshops at Spain’s Cultural Center in São Paulo with: Ligia Nobre, Lisette Lagnado, Clarissa Diniz, Fernando Oliva, Gabriela Motta, Manuela Moscoso, Alberto Lopez Cuenca, Creixell Espilla Gilart, Ferran Barrenblit, Manuel Segade, Cristiana Tejo, Inti Guerreiro, Marcelo Resende and Maria Berríos.
- One semester class “Aesthetics”, by professor Ricardo Fabrini at the Philosophy Institute of the University of São Paulo.
- BA in Physics at the Physics Institute of the University of São Paulo
- “Estou aqui” (“I’m here”), exhibition curated by Luisa Duarte at Marilia Razuk gallery.
- “Mythologies”, exhibition curated by Kiki Mazzucchelli for the Brazilian Embassy in Paris.
- “Em direto” (“Live”), exhibition curated by Paulo Miyada at Oficina Cultural Oswald de Andrade.
- Videobrasil’s “Southern Panorama” collective exhibition.
– “20 e poucos anos” (“20-something”) at Baró Gallery, São Paulo.
- Curates “À sombra do futuro” (“Shadowed by the Future”), at Instituto Cervantes São Paulo with Luiza Proença and Deyson Gilbert.
- Participates in “Livro acervo”, an exhibition-book to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Paço das Artes.
- Participates in the 7th Mercosul Biennial showing “Listen and repeat” with Luiza Proença.
- Organizes and curates “Temporada de Projetos na Temporada de Projetos” (“Projects Season at the Projects Season”) at Paço das Artes with Luiza Proença.
- Participates in the opening exhibition at Novembro art gallery in São Paulo, showing “Listen and repeat”.
- Conceives, produces and executes “One & Three Words” for the “13th Cultura Inglesa Festival” in a solo exhibition at the Brazilian British Centre, São Paulo.
- Editor and designer of the first edition of “Dazibao” art criticism magazine, with Deyson Gilbert.
- “Feedback” to be republished in Tatuí magazine, 12th edition.
- ”Máquina de Responder”, publication by the group of same name (to be released in 2012).
- “À sombra do futuro” (Shadowed by the Future). Instituto Cervantes (exhibition catalog).
- “Feedback”. text published on the 6th Caderno Videobrasil.
- Writes for GRiD at Centro Cultural São Paulo, texts such as “Facebook, ‘Curtir’ e uma lógica da crítica” (Facebook, ‘like’ and some logics of criticism), “Heresia: aquecimento global, colaborativismo e interdisciplinaridade” (Heresy: global warming, collaboration and interdisciplinarity).
- “Sobre projetos” (About Projects), text published on the catalog for “Temporada de Projetos 2009”, Paço das Artes.
Talks, lectures and workshops given
- Lecture “Do pornográfico ao social (e de volta)” (“From porn to social (and back)”), at Itaú Cultural’s 6th Art and Technology Biennial.
- Lecture on Leon Ferrari’s “Heliography” series at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC-SP).
- Roundtable discussion on the connections between art and technology as part of “O Sáfaro”’s art debate cycle at Teatro de Arena.
- “On projects”, workshop given at SESC-Santos.
- Lecture at Red Bull House of Art with Luiza Proença.
- Lecture at Ribeirão Preto’s annual “Panorama of Contemporary Art”, regarding the production of young Brazilian artists.
- Lecture at Teatro the Arena’s talks program organized by Capacete Entretenimentos. The talk was given with Luiza Proença and the theme was curatorial and artistic practices and their connections with notions of responsibility.
- One-day class lectured with Luiza Proença as part of the workshop “Políticas do Pertencimento: uma Forma de Pensar o Site-Specific” (Politics of Belonging: a form of thinking Site-specific).
- One-day class lectured with Luiza Proença for students of the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Katya Sandes and Simon Sheikh visiting Brazil.
- Workshop at the “Cada 2” program, a workshop cycle organized by Marcio Harum for SESC Pompéia.
- Talk with Luiza Proença given during the discussion table called “Espaços, intercâmbios e cooperação no âmbito da arte” (Spaces, exchanges and cooperation in art) during the 3rd International Contemporary Art Symposium at Paço das Artes.
For the full list with the selected artists click here.