(this page was last updated in February 2018)
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Member of the PIPA Nominating Committee 2016 and 2018.
Member of the PIPA Award Jury 2015.
Rosângela Rennó (Belo Horizonte, 1962) lives and works in Rio de Janeiro. She studied Fine Arts at the Guignard College and Architecture at the Federal University of Minas Gerais. She holds a PhD in Arts by the School of Communications and Arts at the University of São Paulo.
Selected solo exhibitions: The Appel Foundation (Amsterdam, 1995), The Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles, 1996), Australian Center for Photography (Sydney, 1999), Instituto Tomie Ohtake (São Paulo, 2001), Museu de Arte da Pampulha (Belo Horizonte, 2002), Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (Rio de Janeiro, 2003), Museu de Arte Moderna Aloisio Magalhães (Recife, 2006), Prefix Institute Contemporary Art (Toronto, 2008), Pharos Center for Contemporary Art (Nicosia, 2009), Bazar Mitre, Centro de Fotografía (Montevideo, 2011), Centro de Arte Moderna CAM – Fundação Gulbenkian (Lisbon, 2012), FotoMuseum (Winterthur, 2012), Soirée Nomade, Fondation Cartier (Paris, 2014), Centro Atlântico de Arte Moderno CAAM (Las Palmas, 2014), Photographers’ Gallery (Londres, 2016)
Selected international group exhibitions: Aperto93, 45th International Venice Biennale (1993), Insite97 (San Diego and Tijuana, 1997), the Johannesburg Biennial (1997), 2nd Berlin Biennale (2001), Brazilian Pavilion, 50th International Venice Biennale (2003), Histoires des Amériques, Musée d’Art Contemporain de Montréal (2004), Panorama da Arte Brasileira, Museu de Arte Moderna (São Paulo, 2005), Phantasmagoria, Specters of Absence, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo (Bogota, 2007), 1st Biennial of New Orleans (New Orleans, 2008), ArtesMundi 3, Museum of Art of Wales (Cardiff, 2008), Óscar Muñoz y Rosângela Rennó. Crónicas de la Ausencia, Museo Rufino Tamayo (Mexico City, 2009), Elle@centrepompidou – Artistes femmes dans les collections du Musée National d’Art Moderne (Paris, 2010), 22th and 29th São Paulo Biennials (1994 and 2010), Magical Consciousness, Arnolfini (Bristol, 2011), A sense of Perspective, Tate Liverpool (2011), 12th Istanbul Biennial (2011), BES-Photo Award 2012, Museu Berardo (Lisbon, 2012), Intense Proximity – La Triennale de Paris, Palais de Tokio (Paris, 2012), América Latina 1960-2013, Fondation Cartier (Paris, 2014), Paris Photo-Aperture Foundation Photobook Awards Short List Exhibition, Aperture Foundation (New York, 2014), Cruzamentos: Contemporary Art in Brazil, Wexner Center for the Arts (Ohio, 2014), Fundación Proa (Buenos Aires, 2015), The Centre Pompidou (Paris, 2015)
Last Awards: CIFO Grants & Commissions (2014), Paris Photo – Aperture Foundation Photobook award – Photobook of the year (2013), ALICE Awards – Political Art (2012).
- Rosângela Rennó questions the physical space on "Boundary Lines"
- Meet the members of the PIPA Prize 2018 Nominating Committee
- "The Matter of Photography in the Americas" explores the other side of photography
- Rosângela Rennó participates in "Autophoto"
- Rosângela Rennó presents her new solo show, "Espírito de tudo"
- From 15 to 19 February meet the artists appointed by the Nominating Committee
- Last days | "Fotos contam Fatos", group show with over 50 artists
- On view | "Fotos contam Fatos", group show with over 50 artists
- Group exhibition curated by Denise Gadelha presents a set of works using photography as a narrative instrument
- Opening | "Fotos contam Fatos", group show with over 50 artists