The schedule below shows events related to PIPA artists, Nominating Committee members – from all editions -, Board members, MAM-Rio and relevant information about art.
To ease your search the events are organized based on what is going on at the Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro ( MAM-Rio) and by region.
Click on the links for more details.
EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS AT MAM-RIO
– Complete June schedule at MAM-Rio
– “Alimentário: arte e patrimônio alimentar brasileiro” | Until 10th August
– “Territórios e Capitais: extinções”, by Lourival Cuquinha | Until 17th August
– “Américas”, solo exhibition by Arjan Martins | Until 24th August
– “MAM Collection – Restored Works” | Extended until 29th June Last days!
– “4×3 The Art of Movie Posters” | Extended until 29th June Last days!
– “Genealogias do Contemporâneo” | Long term exhibition
– “MAM: Sua história, seu patrimônio” | Long term exhibition
RIO DE JANEIRO
– “Guillermo Kuitca + Eduardo Berliner – Pinturas” | Until 29th June at Casa DarosLast days!
– “Matriz e Desconstrução”, curated by Luisa Duarte | until 5th July at Anita Schwartz Galeria de ArteLast days!
– “Wave, solo by Renan Cepeda | Until July 7th, at Galeria Tempo
– Gonçalo Ivo’s solo show | Until 9th July at Galeria Laura Marsiaj
– 2013 “Arte e Patrimônio” [“Art and Heritage”] Prize Winners | Untli July 15th at Paço Imperial
– Exhibition with the winners of the 2013 Art and Heritage Prize winners | Until 15th July, at Paço Imperial
– “Pelada”, solo exhibition by Leonardo Finotti | Until 17th July at Luciana Caravello Arte Contemporânea
– “Quadrado mágico”, solo exhibition by Felipe Barbosa | Until 27th July at Sergio Gonçalves Galeria
– “Pintura!”, group show with Bruno Miguel and Danielle Carcav | Until 16th August at Galeria de Arte Meninos de Luz
– “Josephine Baker e Le Corbusier no Rio – um caso transatlântico”, with Matheus Rocha Pitta and Laercio Redondo | Until August 17th, at Museu de Arte do Rio
– “Pouco a pouco”, solo exhibition by Marilá Dardot | Untl 17th August at Galeria Laura Alvim
– “Armadillo: Soccer, Adversity and the Culture of the Caatinga”, with Julio Leite, Lenora de Barros, Pablo Lobato, Rodrigo Braga and Tony Camargo” | Until 21st September, at MAR
– Group exhibition “From Valongo to Favela: imaginary and periphery” | Until 15th February at MAR
– “Volteador-de-Salão”, artwork by Renato Pera | From 20th June, at Galeria Tato
– “Ponto Final”, solo show by Maurício Ianês | Until 5th July at Galeria VermelhoLast days!
– Roesler Hotel #26 | Until 5th July at the Nara Roesler Gallery
– “Salve!”, solo exhibition by Marcelo Cipis | Until 12th July, at Galeria Emma Thomas
– “Viva Maria”, group exhibition with Gustavo Speridião, Hector Zamora, Pablo Lobato and Traplev | Until 26th July at Luciana Brito Galeria
– “Fronteiras Incertas: Arte e Fotografia no Acervo do MAC USP”, with Marcelo Moscheta and Odires Mlászho | Until July 27th, 2014, at MAC USP
– “Retumbante Natureza Humanizada”, solo exhibition by Luiz Braga | Until 3rd August at Sesc Pinheiros
– Solo exhibition by Zezão | Until 9th August, at Zipper Galeria
– “Objetos de mobilidade, ações de permanência”, solo by Daniel de Paula | Until August 23rd, at White Cube São Paulo
– “Lions and Unicorns”, solo show by Gary Hume | Until 23rd August, at White Cube São Paulo
– Solo shows “Cenário” and “Transarquitetônica”, by Vânia Mignone and Henrique Oliveira | Until 30th November, at MAC USP
– “Espera” by Gisela Motta and Leandro Lima at the “Movimento Contemporâneo” exhibition | Until December at Instituto Figueiredo Ferraz in Ribeirão Preto.
– “A realidade do sonho”, group show with Eduardo Frota, Júlio Leite, Lourival Cuquinha, Solon Ribeiro and Yuri Firmeza, among others | Until 31st July at Centro Cultural Banco do Nordeste
– “Seu lugar é aqui, seu momento é agora”, solo show by Daniel Escobar | Until 13th July at Santander Cultural
– “Liberdade em movimento”, group show with André Severo and Runo Lagomarsino | Until 10th August at Iberê Camargo Foundation
– “Volúpia Construtiva”, group exhibition with Luciano Zanette and Mayana Redin | Until 10th August at MAC-RS
– “Distrações da Memória”, group exhibition with Camila Sposati, Daniel Escobar, Dirnei Prates, Mayana Redin, Pablo Lobato and Rommulo Conceição | Until 27th July at Museu de Arte do Rio Grande do Sul
CAXIAS DO SUL
– “Outro Museu”, group exhibition with Luiz Roque and Rommulo Conceição | Until 31st July at Galeria Municipal de Arte Gerd Bornheim
– “Pela Superfície das Páginas”, group exhibition | Until 13th August, at Espaço Cultural Marcantonio Vilaça
– Solo exhibition by Caio Reisewitz | Until 7th September, at the International Center of Photography, New York
– “Under the same Sun: Art from Latin America Today” | Until October 1st, at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
– “Beyond the Supersquare”, with André Komatsu | Until 11th January 2015, at the Bronx Museum, New York
– “Punto ciego” by Sara Ramo | Until 27th July at the Espacio de Arte Contemporaneo, in Montevideo
– Ireland’s Biennial, with Carla Zaccagnini | Until 6th July at Kerry Group (former Golden Vale Milk Plant), Limerick
– “3am: Wonder, Paranoia and the Restless Night”, group show with Sandra Cinto | Until the 19th July at The Exchange, Penzance, Cornwall
– “Conscientia”, group exhibition with Pablo Ferreti | Until 10th September at The Lloyds Club, London
– “Slow Future”, group exhibition with Cinthia Marcelle | Until 14th September, at Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw
–“Imagine Brazil”, touring group exhibition | Until 17th August in Musée d’art contemporain de Lyon
– “Fuga”, solo exhibition by Carla Guagliardi | Until 30th August at Diehl Cube, Berlin
– “Atopia: Migration, Heritage and Placelessness”, with Jonathas de Andrade | Until 5th October in Guadalajara
– “The Theater of the World”, with Marcelo Cidade | Until 11th September, at Museo Tamayo, Mexico City
– “La otra orilla”, solo exhibition by Sandra Cinto | Until 21st September, at Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno, in the Canary Islands
– “Salon Distingué: Household effects in good company”, with Erika Verzutti | Until 30th November in Baden
– “A voice of one’s own”, group exhibition with Carla Zaccagnini | Until 7th September at Malmö Konstmuseum, Malmö
– “Mind the map”, group exhibition with Fabio Morais and Rosana Ricalde | Until 21st September at Galleri F15, Moss
– “Chora Chuva”, installation by Gisela Motta & Leandro Lima | Until 31st October, at the Vancouver Biennale (Shipbuilders Square)
– “Nervous systems”, group exhibition featuring Cinthia Marcelle | Until 27th August at Kunsthal Aarhus, Aarhus