The schedule below shows events related to PIPA artists, Nominating Committee members – from all editions -, Board members, MAM-Rio and relevant information about art.
To ease your search the events are organized based on what is going on at the Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro ( MAM-Rio) and by region.
Click on the links for more details.
EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS AT MAM-RIO
– PIPA 2014 Finalists Exhibition, with Alice Miceli, Daniel Steegmann-Mangrané, Thiago Martins de Melo and Wagner Malta Tavares | Until 16th November, voting for Popular Vote Exhibition closes 2nd November
– “Artevida: política” | Until 21st September Last days!
– “Grilagem”, solo show by Vanderlei Lopes | Until 9th November
– New Acquisitions of the Gilberto Chateaubriand Collection | Until 16th November
– “Genealogias do Contemporâneo” | Long term exhibition
– “MAM: Sua história, seu patrimônio” | Long term exhibition
RIO DE JANEIRO
– “Armadillo: Soccer, Adversity and the Culture of the Caatinga”, with Julio Leite, Lenora de Barros, Pablo Lobato, Rodrigo Braga and Tony Camargo” | Until 21st September, at MAR Last days!
– “Costume”, by Daniel Lannes | Until 4th October at Luciana Caravello Arte Contemporânea
– “Tudo que reluz é ouro”, solo show by Vanderlei Lopes | Until 4th October at Athena Contemporânea
– “O Interno Exterior”, solo show curated by Daniel Rangel | Until 11th October at Laura Marsiaj Gallery
– “Pororoca”, group show with Armando Queiroz, Ivan Grilo, Luiz Braga and Rodrigo Braga | Until 23rd November at MAR
– “Há escolas que são gaiolas e há escolas que são asas”, group exhibition with Ana Miguel, Cinthia Marcelle, Danilo Ribeiro, Felipe Barbosa, Felipe Cohen, Grupo Empreza, Gustavo Speridião, Jonathas de Andrade, Lenora de Barros, Luciana Paiva, Marilá Dardot, Paulo Meira, Regina de Paula and Roberto Winter | Until 11th January at MAR
– Group exhibition “From Valongo to Favela: imaginary and periphery” | Until 15th February 2015 at MAR
– “Volteador-de-Salão”, artwork by Renato Pera | From 20th June, at Galeria Tato
– “Ruins Project”, solo exhibition by Yuri Firmeza | Until 27th September at Casa Triângulo
– “Três metades”, solo show by Armando Andrade Tudela | Until 4th October at Fortes Vilaça gallery
– “A Nova Promessa”, solo show by Daniel Escobar | Until 4th October at Zipper Galeria
– “1:1”, solo exhibition by Shima | Until 4th October at Casa Contemporânea 370
– “Histórias Mestiças”, group show with Jonathas de Andrade, Paulo Nazareth and Thiago Martins de Melo | Until 5th October, at Instituto Tomie Ohtake
– “Almost a figure, Almost a shape”, group show with Felipe Cohen, Marina Rheingantz and Tatiana Blass | Until 10th October, at Galeria Estação
– “Made by… Feito por Brasileiros”, group show with over 100 artists | Until 12th October at Hospital Matarazzo
– “Litomorfose”, solo show by Cristiano Lenhardt | Until 18th October at Galpão Fortes Vilaça
– “Jaraguá”, solo show by Caio Reisewitz | Until 19th October at Casa da Imagem
– II Exhibition Programme Show, with Alexandre Brandão and Shima | Until 26th October at CCSP
– “Singularidades/Anotações”, group show with Berna Reale, Luiz Roque, Marcelo Moscheta, Rommulo Conceição, Sofia Borges and Tatiana Blass | Until 26th October at Itaú Cultural
– “Insustentável Paraíso”, solo exhibition by André Komatsu | Until 25th October at Galeria Vermelho
– “Ps: Há alguma coisa que você espera de mim?”, solo exhibition by Rafael RG curated by Marta Mestre | Until 8th November at Sé Galeria
– Solo shows “Cenário” and “Transarquitetônica”, by Vânia Mignone and Henrique Oliveira | Until 30th November, at MAC USP
– “Agricultura da Imagem”, solo show by Rodrigo Braga | Until 30th November at Sesc Belenzinho
– 31st Bienal de São Paulo – “How to (…) things that don’t exist | from 6th September to 7th December, at Ibirapuera Park
– “Quando cai o céu”, solo show by Ivan Grilo | Until 7th December, at CCSP
– “O Muro”, installation by Renato Pera | Until 25th January, at Sesc Ipiranga
– “Espera” by Gisela Motta and Leandro Lima at the “Movimento Contemporâneo” exhibition | Until December at Instituto Figueiredo Ferraz in Ribeirão Preto.
– “Of Journeys, of Desires, of Paths”, group show with Armando Queiroz, Jonathas de Andrade, Marcone Moreira, Rodrigo Braga, Virginia de Medeiros and Yuri Firmeza | Until 2nd November at Museu Vale
– “Carneiro”, group exhibition with Yuri Firmeza | Until 28th September, at Centro Dragão do Mar de Arte e Cultura
– “Outro Museu”, with Denise Gadelha, Luiz Roque and Rommulo Conceição | Until 4th October, at Leopoldo Gotuzzo Museum of Art
– “Mostra carioca: A impureza do mito”, with Gustavo Speridião | Until 21st September, at Casa das Onze Janelas Last days!
– Pampulha Fellowship Programme exhibition, curated by Agnaldo Farias | Until 28th October at Museu de Arte da Pampulha
– “Dust Never Sleeps”, solo show by Cinthia Marcelle | Until 2nd November, at Secession, Vienna
– Vancouver Biennale features installations by contemporary Brazilian artists | At Pipefitters Square, Vancouver
– “Baitogogo”, installation by Henrique Oliveira | Until 29th September at the Palais de Tokyo, Paris
– “Momento fecundo”, installation by Henrique Oliveira | Until 2nd November at the Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire
– “Elevator music”, new installation by Otavio Schipper | Until 26th October at Die Raum
– “Atopia: Migration, Heritage and Placelessness”, with Jonathas de Andrade | Until 5th October in Guadalajara
– “Mind the map”, group exhibition with Fabio Morais and Rosana Ricalde | Until 21st September at Galleri F15, Moss
– 10th Gwangju Biennale, with Jonathas de Andrade and Renata Lucas | Until 9th November at the Gwangju Biennale Hall
– “La otra orilla”, solo exhibition by Sandra Cinto | Until 21st September, at Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno, in the Canary Islands Last days!
– “Under the same Sun: Art from Latin America Today” | Until October 1st, at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
– “Beyond the Supersquare”, with André Komatsu | Until 11th January 2015, at the Bronx Museum, New York
– “Salon Distingué: Household effects in good company”, with Erika Verzutti | Until 30th November in Baden