The schedule below shows events related to PIPA artists, Nominating Committee members – from all editions -, Board members, MAM-Rio and relevant information about art.
To ease your search the events are organized based on what is going on at the Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro ( MAM-Rio) and by region.
Click on the links for more details.
EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS AT MAM-RIO
– “Thresholds” – The Joaquim Paiva collection at MAM-Rio | Until 18th January 2015
– Amilcar de Castro | Until 1st February 2015
– “Genealogias do Contemporâneo” | Long term exhibition
– “MAM: Sua história, seu patrimônio” | Permanent exhibition
RIO DE JANEIRO
– “Do Rio e para é to Rio and from”, solo show by Rodrigo Matheus | Until 6th December at Silvia Cintra + Box4 Last days!
– “The colour of a fleeing mule”, solo exhibition by Fabio Baroli | Until 6th December at Luciana Caravello Arte Contemporânea Last days!
– “Figura Humana”, group show with Camila Soato, Daniel Lannes, Danielle Carcav, Fábio Baroli, Marcelo Amorim, Rodrigo Bivar, Rodrigo Cunha, Thiago Martins de Melo and Vânia Mignone | Until 14th December at Caixa Cultural Rio de Janeiro
– “Virei Viral”, group show with Alexandre Mazza and Antonia Dias Leite | Until 22nd December at Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil
– “Ouro”, group show with Carla Zaccagnini, Daniel Steegmann Mangrané, Felipe Cohen, Laura Vinci, Otavio Schipper, Tatiana Blass and Vanderlei Lopes | Until 5th January 2015 at Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil
– “Há escolas que são gaiolas e há escolas que são asas”, group exhibition with Ana Miguel, Cinthia Marcelle, Danilo Ribeiro, Felipe Barbosa, Felipe Cohen, Grupo Empreza, Gustavo Speridião, Jonathas de Andrade, Lenora de Barros, Luciana Paiva, Marilá Dardot, Paulo Meira, Regina de Paula and Roberto Winter | Until 11th January 2015 at MAR
– “Isto é arte? Isto não é arte?”, group exhibition with Marco Antonio Portela | Until 30th January 2015, at VG Arte Contemporânea
– Group exhibition “From Valongo to Favela: imaginary and periphery” | Until 15th February 2015 at MAR
– “White Leaf”, exhibition with Otavio Schipper | Until January 2015 at Anita Schwartz Gallery
– Gentle Wall Project conceived by Rodrigo Matheus | Until March 2015, at A Gentil Carioca gallery
– “Studio Butterfly and other fables”, solo show by Virginia de Medeiros | Until 29th November at Nara Roesler Gallery
– 3M Digital Art Exhibition – “Love Songs”, with Lais Myrrha, Milton Marques and Tatiana Blass | Until 30th November at Instituto Tomie Ohtake
– Solo shows “Cenário” and “Transarquitetônica”, by Vânia Mignone and Henrique Oliveira | Until 30th November, at MAC USP
– “Agricultura da Imagem”, solo show by Rodrigo Braga | Until 30th November at Sesc Belenzinho
– “Shangai em São Paulo in Shangai”, solo show by Carla Zaccagnini | Until 6th December at Galeria Vermelho Last days!
– Guillermo Kuitca solo shows held simultaneously | “Diários”, until 6th December at Fortes Vilaça, and “Doble Eclipse”, until 22nd November at Mendes Wood DM Last days!
– 31st Bienal de São Paulo – “How to (…) things that don’t exist | Until 7th December, at Ibirapuera Park Last days!
– “Quando cai o céu”, solo show by Ivan Grilo | Until 7th December, at CCSP Last days!
– “Equações”, solo show by Ding Musa | Until 20th December at Galeria Raquel Arnaud
– “Vapor”, solo exhibition by Berna Reale | Until 20th December at Galeria Millan
– “Uma coisa linda”, solo show by Efrain Almeida | Until 20th December at Galeria Fortes Vilaça
– “Nós sempre teremos Marte”, series by Leticia Ramos, winner of Novo Banco Photo 2014 | Until 11th January at Instituto Tomie Ohtake
– “O Muro”, installation by Renato Pera | Until 25th January 2015, at Sesc Ipiranga
– “Super Colina”, group show with Ana Mazzei and Fabio Zimbres | Opens 2nd December, on view through 21st February 2015 at LOGO Gallery
– Parallel individual exhibitions by Ana Mazzei, Bárbara Wagner and Henrique César | Until 22nd February at Centro Cultural São Paulo
– “Movimento Contemporâneo”, with Gisela Motta & Leandro Lima, Marcelo Cidade, Marcius Galan and Tatiana Blass | Until 20th December at Instituto Figueiredo Ferraz in Ribeirão Preto
– Arts Triennial “Frestas”, with Afonso Tostes, Bárbara Wagner, Bruno Vilela, Caetano Dias, Cao Guimarães, Lenora de Barros, Malu Saddi and Raquel Stolf | Until 3rd May 2015 at several venues across the city
– Situações Brasília 2014 Prize exhibition, with Beto Shwafaty, Erica Ferrari, Luiz Braga, Lucia Koch, Gê Orthof, Marcelo Moscheta, Mariana Manhães, Regina de Paula and Rodrigo Braga | Until 11th January 2015, at the National Museum of the Republic
– “Espectador em trânsito”, traveling show with Gisela Motta & Leandro Lima | Until 3rd January 2015 at Sesc Venda Nova
– “Afetividades Eletivas”, group show with Carla Zaccagnini, Cinthia Marcelle, Dora Longo Bahia, Laura Vinci, Mabe Bethônico, Marcelo Moscheta, Marcius Galan, Milton Marques, Ricardo Basbaum, Rodrigo Andrade, Tatiana Blass, Thiago Rocha Pitta | Until 1st March 2015 at Centro Cultural Minas Tênis Clube
– “Arte Pará” exhibition with Dirnei Prates and Henrique César | Until 9th December in three different venues
– “Tempo e deslocamento”, exhibition by Fernanda Figueiredo & Eduardo Mattos | Opens 4th December, on view until 13th February 2015 at Blumenau Arts Museum (MAB)
– “Manifesto: Poder, desejo, intervenção”, with Camila Sposati, Ding Musa, Dirnei Prates, Mayana Redin, Reginaldo Pereira, Rommulo Conceição, Tony Camargo and Yuri Firmeza | Until 14th December at MARGS
– “Inventário”, solo show by Washington Silvera | Until 1st February 2015 at MuMA
– “Matéria Superordinária Abundante”, solo show by Cristiano Lenhardt | Until 30th December at Amparo 60
– “Ø”, intervention by Renata Lucas | Until 25th January 2015 in Vienna
– Vancouver Biennale features installations by contemporary Brazilian artists | At Pipefitters Square, Vancouver
– “Diagonal Section”, installation by Marcius Galan | Until 11th January 2015 in Paris
– “Animal que no existeix”, solo show by Daniel Steegmann Mangrané | Until 18th January 2015 in Alsace
– “The part that doesn’t belong to you, Wiesbaden”, group show with Paulo Nimer Pjota curated by Paulo Miyada | Until 14th December, in Wiesbaden
– “The fifth floor”, solo exhibition by Laura Lima | Until 11th January 2015, in Maastricht
– “40 Nego Bom é um Real”, artwork by Jonathas de Andrade | Until 11th January 2014, in Maastricht
– “En Silencio II”, installation by Sandra Cinto | Until 12th December in A Coruña
– Si no todas las armas, los cañones”, group show with Matheus Rocha Pitta | Until 31st December in Madrid
– “¿Quien teme a un monocromo?”, group show with Ding Musa | Until 23rd December in Madrid
– “Desvelo y Traza”, installation by Sara Ramo | Until 18th January in La Panera
– “Really Useful Knowledge”, group show with Carla Zaccagnini and Runo Lagomarsino | Until 9th February 2015 in Madrid
– “Mark the Line”, group show with Runo Lagomarsino | Until 11th January 2015
– “Salon Distingué: Household effects in good company”, with Erika Verzutti | Until 30th November in Baden
– Art Basel Miami Beach | From 4th to 7th December, at the Miami Beach Convention Center
– “Weatherspoon’s Art on Paper”, group show with Sandra Cinto | Until 14th December in Greensboro
– “Beyond the Supersquare”, with André Komatsu | Until 11th January 2015, in New York
– “Landscape: the actual, the virtual, the possible?”, with Marcelo Cidade | Until 25th January, in San Francisco
– “Mood Disorder”, installation by Lucia Koch at the Prospect 3 | Until 25th January in New Orleans