On April 10, the PIPA Institute opened PIPA em Casa (PIPA at Home), a virtual exhibition and an emergency support for artists.
You can visit the exhibition here
We live, today, in an extremely difficult and unforeseen moment. The world faces the pandemic of the new coronavirus and asks us all to respect the social isolation. During this period, staying at home is the best way to stop and fight COVID-19.
Given these circumstances, we know that for many artists, in addition to health hazards, this is also a financial crisis. Therefore, the PIPA Institute decided to allocate an emergency amount of R$ 50,000 (fifty thousand Reais) to support artists. All 480 names who have participated in at least one edition of the PIPA Prize (from 2010 to 2020 including) can apply for ‘PIPA em casa’ (PIPA at home). From April 10, there will be a virtual show on our websites www.premiopipa.com and www.pipaprize.com with the works that are being done during social isolation. At the end of the exhibition, ten artists will be selected and will each receive R$ 5,000 (five thousand Reais).
The artist, in his intermittent productive condition, is one of the most affected in times of crisis, especially when any ‘exhibition’ is closed. For that, ‘PIPA em casa’ is now opening this call to, in some way, support the artists. We know that considering this crisis, solidarity, and actions to support artistic production is fundamental. Besides, with ‘PIPA em casa’, we aim to stimulate the discussion of the social effects caused by the pandemic and to generate an archive of what is being produced during the quarantine. Works can be sent between April 10th and 20th, to email@example.com. If you have participated in at least one edition of the PIPA Prize but haven’t received this email, write for us confirming that you agree with the terms below and send us your work.
We invite all artists who participated in at least one of the editions of the PIPA Prize (from 2010 to 2020 inclusive) to show in a virtual exhibition what they are producing at home.
The PIPA Institute will allocate a donation of R$50,000 to 10 artists. Each will receive R$5,000.
From April 10th to 20th, 2020
Ten artists will be selected by the PIPA Board to receive an emergency donation of R$5,000.
Works that may be presented:
Each artist can send a work produced during this period to be presented in a virtual exhibition on PIPA’s websites.
- Works must be presented in a maximum of 3 images or through a video with a maximum duration of 3 minutes.
- All visual media can be represented (painting, sculpture, collage, graphite, object, photography, video, etc.)
- If the artist feels that it is important to clarify or situate the work, he/she can send a text page.
Announcement of selected artists:
- The participating artists authorize, entirely free and unconditionally, the insertion of images and videos sent, by any media, in all the dissemination and materials of the PIPA Prize and PIPA Institute.
- The works must be by the registered artist, without any violation of the copyright.
- The participating artist must assume full and exclusive responsibility concerning any possible claims by ones who feel harmed by their participation in ‘PIPA em casa’.
- If the artist wants to participate in the virtual exhibition “PIPA at home” but considers that at the moment he does not need this emergency support, just indicate this desire along with the agreement and he will be welcome in the online exhibition with his (up to) 3 images.
We wait for you. Stay safe and well, and stay home.