(this page was last updated in May 2023)
Caxias do Sul, Brazil, 1980
Lives and works between Porto Alegre, Brazil and Berlin, Germany
Represented by Galeria Mamute
PIPA Prize 2023 nominee
Andressa Cantergiani was born in Caxias do Sul /Brazil They are a multimedia, transdisciplinary artist and performer lives and works between Porto Alegre and Berlin. PhD in Visual Poetics from PPGAV-UFRGS [BR]. Master in Communication and Semiotics from PUC/SP [BR]. Bacharel Performing Arts from DAD/UFRGS [BR]. Touring Performing Arts- Soomer School at UDK – University of Arts in Berlin[DE]. Exchange PhD at University of Applied Sciences and Arts- Hoschulle Hannover [DE]. Member of Insurgencias.net- Berlin [DE]. Fellow Weltoffenes Berlin-2022. Represented by Galeria Mamute[BR]. Manager of BRONZE Residência and the Península Gallery [BR]. Curator and educator of PPPP-Public Performance Program Península [BR].FUNARTE MINC Brasil Cultura-Lisbon Award and CDEA- European and German Culture Center. They held residencies, projects and exhibitions in various spaces around the world such as the Iberê Camargo Foundation/RS/BR, Brazil, MAC/RS- Contemporary Art Museum, Museum Of Rio Grande do Sul(MARGS).Bispo do Rosário Contemporary Art Museum/ RJ/BR, Terra Una Residence/ MG, neue Gesellschaft für bildende Kunst (nGbK). It has works in private collections and collections of MARGS-RS, MAC-RS and AMARP-RS. Currently AzoneCyborg Project NPN-Joint Adventures Fund 2022 Berlin[DE].
PhD in Visual Arts at PPGAV, 2016 -2021, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS/RS/BR
ExchangePhD- Hoschschule Hannover, 2019, University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Hannover-Germany
Master in Communication and Semiotics, 2008, Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, PUC/SP/BR
Bachelor in Performing Arts 2004Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS/RS/BR
Curatorship, Art and Education Laboratory 2014 Pontifical Catholic University of Porto Alegre, PUC/RS/BR
Public Administration of Culture 2015 Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS/RS/BR
- Performance Art _ Summer School 2017 UDK -University of Arts Berlin
- AVESSO, Action/Installation (in partnership with artist Maurício Ianês). Iberê Camargo Foundation, 2018. • OLUMU HONOLULU, Performance in the contexc of the Exhibition Unanimous Night, curated by Bernardo de Souza. Iberê Camargo Foundation, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2018.
- COMBATE, Durational Performance and film at the Southern Command Military Museum. Integrated the exhibition AORISTA, at fundacnao ECARTA, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2018 AND MUSEO DE LA DEMOCRACIA Exibhition and Publim Program, NGBK, Berlin, 2021.
- CORVA, Duractional Performance SPARTE 2019 stand Galeria Mamute and in the exhibition CORVA Galeria Mamute, Porto Alegre, 2019.
- ANTWORTE, Performance performed in the exhibition DIOPTRE at Display Project Space and at Hochschule Hannover – Fakultät III, Abteilung Design und Medien, Berlin and Hannover, Germanny, 2019; Galeria Prego, Porto Alegre, Brazil 2020. SP-ARTE (online instagram platform), 2021.
- FELINA , research in process at Museu de Arte do Rio Grande do Sul (MARGS), 2021. • ABRIGO, Performance in NFT work in partnership with Mentaland (Lalai Person & Bia Patolli), Santander Cultural Poa, BR, 2021.
- AMAZONA, One year research, with public program, workshops, classes, talks and construction of a new video performance in process. Weltoffenes Fellowship Berlin, DE, 2022.
- A-ZONE_CYBORG. Performance 3D Choreography Film in process. NPN-STEPPING OUT- JOINT ADVENTURES FUND, Berlin, Germany.
- Show AO LADO DE LELA DO LADO DE LÁ DE LÁ, curated by Elaine Tedesco, Goethe Institut, Porto Alegre, 2017. Mitte Media Festival, berlin, 2018.
- Solo exhibition AVESSO -Action/installation in collaboration with artist Maurício Ianês. Iberê Camargo Foundation, 2018. Porto Alegre- Brazil.
- Solo exhibition ΔORISTA, curated by Francisco Dalcol .Galeria Ecarta, 2018. Porto Alegre, Brazil and • Group exhibition POLITICAL ADORNO, curated by Paulo da Mata and Tales Frey. Espaço de Intervenção Cultural Maus Hábitos, 2018. City of Porto, Portugal.
- Collective exhibition LENTO CREPÚSCULO (Kino Beat Festival), curated by Gabriel Cevallos, Fernanda Medeiros and Chico Soll. Pinacoteca Barão de Santo ngelo, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- VISIBLE: CONTEMPORARY WOMEN, curator Henrique Menezes, MAC/RS- Museu de Arte Contemporânea do RS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Solo exhibition CORVA, solo exhibition curated by Daniela Labra, Mamute Gallery, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2019.
- Group exhibition LACKED ONLY ONE DEFECT TO BE PERFECT. Curated by Ío (Laura Cattani and Munir Klamt). Museu do Trabalho, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2019.
- Group exhibition IMAGÉTICA HOT, curated by Henrique Menezes. Gardens of the DMAE, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil, 2019.
- Solo exhibition DIOPTRE, part of the sandwich PhD research project Hochschule Hannover, Display Project Space, Berlin, Germany, 2019 and Galeria Prego, porto Alegre/Brazil, 2020.
- Group exhibition O TEMPO COMO VERBO. 3D exhibition curated by ÍO (Laura Cattani and Munir Klamt), 2021.
- Group exhibition TO WILL BE WHAT I AM, curated by Nicolas Beidacki. Art Gallery Loide Schwanbach, Fundarte Montenegro, 2021.
- Group exhibition ARTE CONTEMPOR NEA RS. Curator Maria Amélia Bulhões, MAC- Museu de Arte Comtemporânea do RS, 2021.
- Group exhibition CONTEMPORANEAS, curator Silvana Bone from the AMARP/RS collection. Art Gallery of Culture Center Henrique Ordovás, Caxias do Sul/Brazil, 2021.
- Group exhibition 1º SALÃO COSTA DOCE DE ARTE CONTEMPORÂNEA, 2021.
- Group exhibition MUSEO DE LA DEMOCRACIA , curated by Paz Ponce, Daniela Labra, Valeria Fahrenkrog, Marcela Moraga and Teobaldo Lagos Preller. NGBK, Berlin, Germany, 2021.
- The Reason of the Mad, Curated by Henrique Menezes. Soma Galeria,Lona galeria and Galeria Mamute, Curitiba, São Paulo and Porto Alegre,Brazil, 2021.
- For the air that takes us further. Curated by Henrique Menezes, Mamute Gallery, Florianópolis, 2022.
- APPROXIMATION GAMES, with curator Gabriela Motta artists: Alice Ricci, Adrian Montenegro, Denis Rodriguez, Leonardo Remor, Carina Sehn, Andressa Cantergiani and Carina Levitan. Peninsula Gallery, October 2015.
- TERRA UNA. Project I’m not from here, nor am I from there – management, curatorship and artistic residency in network. Awarded by Rede nacional Funarte Artes Visuais, 12th edition. November, 2016. • BISPO DO ROSÁRIO MUSEUM CONTEMPORARY ART . Project I’m neither from here nor there – management, curatorship and artistic residency in network. Comtemplado pelo Rede nacional Funarte Artes Visuais, 12th edition. December, 2016.
- PPPP (PENINSULA PUBLIC PERFORMANCE PROGRAM) in partnership with artist Cibelle Cavalli Bastos. Marco, 2017.
- AGORA COLLECTIVE – Berlin, September, 2017.
- INSURGENSIAS – Program for professional orientation and networking between Latin American artists and representatives of the Berlin art scene, curated by Paz Ponce and Daniela Labra, funded by Senatsverwaltung Kultur und Europa. Berlin, 2018.
- PPPP (MOTORHOME) Curator and curatorial accompaniment of 4 residencies throughout the interior of RS in 2019.
- FELINA – MARGS (Museum of Art of Rio Grande do Sul) – critical accompaniment Bernardo José de Souza, 2021.
- AMAZONA or the dance of resistances – Neue Heâute/ Anaconda am Ufer (Uferstudios Berlin). One year research in process. Curated and mentored by Paz Ponce and Sheena McGrandles, Weltoffenes Fellowship Program, Berlin, 2022.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- PRÊMIO MINC (Ministry of Culture)- INTERCAMBIO BRASIL-CULTURA FUNARTE. Brazil- Lisboa, 2015. • FAC PROCULTURA RS – Juntos pela Cultura- Maintenance of programming in cultural spaces for peninsula gallery, 2015.
- FUMPROARTE – Peninsula Performance Program. Edital 2015/2. Porto Alegre, 2016. • AÇORIANOS -Best institutional cultural space in Porto Alegre for Península gallery, 2016. • CDEA Award- Center for European and German studies for research exchange PPGAV- Post-graduate program in Visual Arts/UFRGS;
- FAC PROCULTURA RS – Together for Culture#2- Circulation, PPPP- MOTORHOME, 2019. • INSURGENSIAS – Program for professional orientation and networking between Latin American artists and representatives of the Berlin art scene, curated by Paz Ponce and Daniela Labra, funded by Senatsverwaltung Kultur und Europa. Berlin, 2018.
- CAPESPRINT- Sandwich PhD between UFRGS and Hochschule Hannover- University of Applied Arts and Sciences, 2019.
- WELTOFFENES BERLIN. Weltoffenes Fellowship Program, Berlin, 2022.
- NPN- Joint Adventures, Berlin, 2022.
Link para tese de doutorado:
Link para artigos:
OLIVEIRA, A. C. F. . PSICOGRAFANDO TUNGA PERFORMANCE E RESIDÊNCIA ARTÍSTICA COMO EXPERIÊNCIA E TERRITÓRIO DO ENTRE. In: ANPAP, 2018, Campinas. MEMÓRIAS E INVENTAÇÕES ANAIS DO 26 ENCONTRO DA ASSOCIAÇÃO NACIONAL DE PESQUISADORES EM ARTES PLÁSTICAS. Campinas-SP: ANPAP / Biênio 20172018, 2018. v. ANPAP. p. 2790-2801.