(this page was last updated in June 2021)
Recife, Brazil, 1997.
Lives and works in Recife, Brazil.
Represented by Garrido Galeria.
PIPA 2021 nominee.
AORUAURA is the platform and artistic work of Oura Aura, born on 03/03 in 1997. With practices in performance and in the Visual Arts, she graduated in Visual Arts Technique from the Federal Institute of Pernambuco in 2019; Located in the decaying anthropocene, the artist creates in chaos conditions, a new possible image-body of affection, using the image and the body as moldable material. using everything from inanimate objects to dead animals; Always starting from the reflection of the body and moved by the non-identification with her own image, she shares situations in a virtual gallery where she tests her own nature. Currently, her work is represented by Garrido Gallery.
“Aoru has become inseparable from her work, exploring through artistic languages, the procedural conditions of being alive. As a sensitive body that has long been recognized in a mix of life and performance, transit and research, purge, representation and uninterrupted absorption from the world, the multiartist, with a focus on multimedia and body art, is an invitation to the perception that there can be self-recognition and ownership of an intimate body of uncertainty. “
Aura – The body as Uncertainty, Guilherme Moraes.
“Tentativas de retorno – Vídeoperformance 2020”, 2020. Duration 16’55”
“Indução ao processo de autodesconhecimento 00001”, 2021. Duration 16’57”
– Short-film “Induction to the self-un-discovery process 00001” shown in the Coquetel Molotov EXE .
– Performance “Return Attempts”, Expo TransVisual – Cultural Center of São Paulo, curated by Ana Giselle;
– Performance “T.M.S.T” at the collective exhibition “Cataclismo”, inaugurated at Garrido Galery, curated by Steve Coimbra;
– Individual exhibition AORUAURA with F.C.B at the Pernambuco State Museum;
– AORUAURA exhibition at the CAOS event , Federal Institute of Pernambuco;
– Performance “rites of purge and transmutation” launch exhibition of the magazine Propágulo Nº1 at Galery Aquarium Oiticica, Museum of Modern Art Aloísio Magalhães (MAMAM), curated by Guilherme Moraes;
– Workshop on Hybrid creative processes in the Coque Video project.
– co-curated for the magazine / exhibition Propágulo Nº 4, in a shed negotiated as an exhibition space, in the Center of Recife, with Guilherme Moraes, Ariana Nuala and Mário Miranda
– Visual Essay “Unknowns” for the Propágulo Magazine Nº 4.
– LabVerde (immersion in art and science in the Amazon) accompanied by curators Lilian Fraji and Yasmine Ostendorf.
– Online Course “Consolation or joy? Art in Schopenhauer and Nietzsche ”, taught by Thiago Prada and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course Freedom to listen: sound art and (in) visibility policies, taught by Daniela Avellar and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course The Wearable as a Work and the Performativity of Wearing, taught by Larissa Camnev and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course Desire and Counter-desire in Contemporary Art, taught by Talita Trizoi and Bruna Kury and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course on Portfolio and Project Development for Public Notices, taught by Adriano Franchini and Fernando Soares and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course A History of the Hands: Desmunhecar and the Technologies of Touch, taught by Fabiana Faleiros and promoted by Lux space off Art;
– Online Course “Fabulation and Contemporary Art” taught by Caio Prado and Lucas Dilacerda;
– Online Course AESTHETIC ALIENIGINE held by Porto Dragão – Pólo Cultural do Ceará, through the Secretary of Culture of the State of Ceará;
– Online Course of INTRODUCTION TO THE SCHIZO ANALYSIS OF DELEUZE AND GUATTARI – Ed. 2;
– Reading Club, Module 2 – Languages, Contexts, Translations and Mysteries of Propágulo’s Reading and Debating Club.
2016 to 2019
– Visual Arts Technician by the Federal Institute of Pernambuco;
“ Websérie “O Tempo de aoruaura””, 2018. Duração 7’45”