(this page was last updated in July 2018)
Brasília, Brazil, 1980.
Lives and works in Brasília, Brazil.
Represented by Alfinete Galeria.
PIPA Prize 2018 nominee.
Luiz Olivieri uses sound, video and sculpture to create sensory experiences. His works happen through the transposition and amplification of spaces aiming to provoke resonance in the boundaries of body-space, daily reconfiguration.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2018:
Luiz Olivieri was born in Brasília. Graduated in Visual Arts with a Masters degree in Contemporary Poetry, he’s currently in a doctorate program on Methods and Processes in Art by PPG-UnB. Olivieri is a research-artist integrating the research group vaga-mundo: poéticas nômades. He works with soundtrack, video art and sculpture. In 2017, he had the solo exhibition “Espaço Ressonante” at Alfinete Galeria, in Brasília. Luiz also participated in many group exhibitions in different galleries such as Alfinete Galeria, Espaço Cultural Elefante, Museu da República, Espaço Cultural Marcantonio Vilaça and Espaço Piloto da UnB. In 2016, he was selected for the I Vera Brant Prize and for the Transborda Prize, in Brasília. He was awarded the runner-up Prize at the Salão de Arte Contemporânea do Iate Clube in Brasília. In Portugal, Luiz participated in the exhibition “Obranome” at the Mosteiro de Alcobaça. In Festival de Gramado, he won the Kikito Prize for Best Soundtrack.
– “Espaço Ressonante”, Alfinete Galeria, Brasília, Brazil
Group exhibition (selection)
– “Prêmio Vera Brant”, Palácio do Buriti, Brasília, Brazil
– “Transborda 2016”, Espaço Cultural da Caixa, Brasília, Brazil
– “Ilha”, show of the researxch group “Vaga-Mundo”. Espaço Cultural Elefante, Brasília, Brazil
– “Tech-Tech” art and technology show. Alfinete Galeria, Brasília, Brazil
– “Resolução Comprimida” mostra de vídeo. Alfinete Galeria, Brasília, Brazil
– “Ondeandaaonda”, Museu Nacional, Brasília, DF
– Sound intervention at “A morte chega cedo”, solo show by Raquel Nava. Alfinete Galeria, Brasília, Brazil
– VI COMA, Espaço Piloto, UnB, Brasília, Brazil
– “Obranome 3”. Mosteiro de Alcobaça, Portugal
– “Seu Museu”. Conjunto Cultural da República, Museu Nacional, Brasília, Brazil
– “Linha Tênue”, Espaço Piloto, UnB, Brasília, Brazil
- Watch another four video-interviews with this edition's nominees
- More 2018 nominees' artists pages updated on our website
- Meet the 78 nominees of PIPA Prize 2018
- PIPA Prize 2018 Nominees | 4th Bulletin