(this page was last updated in February 2018)
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Member of the PIPA Nominating Committee 2018.
Bernardo Mosqueira (Rio de Janeiro, 1988) is a curator and writer. One of the founders and managers of Solar dos Abacaxis, an independent space for art, education and social transformation in Rio de Janeiro; Winner of the 9th edition of the Lorenzo Bonaldi Prize for curators under 35, held biannually by GAMeC in Bergamo, Italy, with the “Enchanted Bodies / Fetish for Freedom” exhibition project; Founder and director of the Prêmio FOCO Bradesco ArtRio since 2013; He was a member of the Curatorial Commission of the Galeria de Arte IBEU from 2011 to 2015; He taught at the Escola de Artes Visuais do Parque Lage; Organizes independently the performance festival “Venus Terra” since 2010; He was one of the winners in the 1st Curatorial Laboratory of SP-Arte with the exhibition “Trepa-Trepa no Campo Expandido”, 2012; He is the author of several essays, catalogs and the fiction book “Carta Aberta por Zé Bento e Entendida por Zé Jorge” (2013); He was responsible for dozens of curatorships, among them: Liberdade é pouco. O que desejo ainda não tem nome (RJ, 2010); Quase Casais (EIC Maus Hábitos, Porto, Portugal, 2010); E os Amigos Sinceros Também (Galeria de Arte Ibeu, RJ, 2012); Conexiones (Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2013); Tronco (Casa França-Brasil, RJ, 2013); primeiro estudo: sobre amor (Galeria Luciana Caravello, RJ, 2014); Anna Bella Geiger, CIRCA MMXIV: Imaginação é um ato de Liberdade (Mendes Wood DM, SP, 2014); Quando cai o céu (CCSP, SP, 2014); Encruzilhada (Parque Lage, RJ, 2015); objects in mirror are closer than they appear – Lexus Hybrid Art 2015 (Rossyia Theater, Moscou, Rússia); ASSIM (Museu do Homem do Nordeste, Recife, 2016); o que vem com a aurora (Casa Triângulo, SP, 2016); Primavera nos Dentes (Galeria Lume, SP, 2016); primeiro estudo: sobre a terra (A Gentil Carioca, RJ, 2017); as well as more than 20 MANJAR and other experimental exhibition projects at the Solar dos Abacaxis.
- Alexandre Mazza presents his new solo exhibition "In the desert, we are the oasis"
- Vivian Caccuri presents brand new works in "Condomínio"
- Vivian Caccuri presents a silent walk as a part of "Encruzilhada"
- Vivian Caccuri presents her first solo show in São Paulo
- Group show "Encruzilhada" brings together 115 works by 74 artists
- Last days | "Quando cai o céu", solo show by Ivan Grilo
- Ivan Grilo presents artworks inspired by Brazilian popular culture
- Last days | "Costume", solo show by Daniel Lannes
- Opening | "Quando cai o céu", solo show by Ivan Grilo
- Opening | "Costume", solo show by Daniel Lannes