(this page was last updated in May 2023)
São Paulo, Brazil, 1985
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil
PIPA Prize 2023 nominee
Since the second half of the 2000s, Bruno Baptistelli has been developing his artistic practice through several media, especially assemblage and site specific works, installations, objects, paintings, photographs, videos, and conceptual projects. The main thread of his production in psychoanalysis and some of its concepts. Initially working mainly in public spaces and in the observation of the urban environment, recently the artist has also tried to think about the relationship between this same environment and the spaces and objects of private and singular use.
His main solo shows include: “4.000 d.C.”, Luisa Strina Gallery, São Paulo, 2023; “Memento”, 55SP, São Paulo, 2022; “Outro”, GDA, São Paulo, 2021; “Blues – umtrabalhoumtexto”, São Paulo, 2019; “Acúmulo”, Pilar Gallery, São Paulo, 2018; “For A While”, Artkartell Projectspace, Budapest, Hungary, 2017; “Narrativas cotidianas”, Fayga Ostrower Gallery, Complexo Cultural Funarte Brasília, Brasília, DF, 2015.
His main group shows include: “Brasil Futuro: as Formas da Democracia”, Museu Nacional da República, Brasília, 2023; “Histórias brasileiras”, Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand (MASP), São Paulo, 2022; “Memórias do Futuro: cidadania negra, antirracismo e resistência”, Memorial da Resistência de São Paulo, São Paulo, 2022; “Enciclopédia negra”, Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, São Paulo, 2021; “IMS Convida”, Instituto Moreira Salles (IMS), 2020; “Histórias afro-atlânticas’, Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand (MASP) and Instituto Tomie Ohtake (ITO), São Paulo, 2018.
He has works in important public collections or private collections of public interest, such as: Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil; Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand (MASP), São Paulo, Brazil; Instituto Inhotim, Brumadinho, Brazil; Instituto Moreira Salles, Brazil; coleção moraes-barbosa (cmb), São Paulo, Brazil; Instituto Figueiredo Ferraz (IFF), Ribeirão Preto, Brazil.
- Check out the complete and updated list of the 73 artists nominated for PIPA Prize 2023
- PIPA PRIZE 2023 NOMINEES | 4TH BULLETIN
- Last days | "Taipa-Tapume", group exhibition on São Paulo's urban development
- Group exhibition addresses São Paulo's cyclical urbanization processes
- Opening | "Taipa-Tapume", group exhibition on São Paulo's urbanization
- Last days of collective exhibition "Aparição"
- "Aparição", collective show curated by Fernanda Lopes
- "Aparição" | With Ana Paula Oliveira, Debora Bolsoni, João Loureiro, Matheus Rocha Pitta and Wagner Malta Tavares