(this page was last updated in May 2020)
[This page is under construction]
Brasília, Brazil, 1997.
Lives and works in Brasília, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2020 nominee.
Cecília Lima is a visual artist who lives and works in Brasilia, Brazil. Her production investigates the relations established due to walking in the city as a process, where the daily routes are the driving force on her field of research. She also takes interest in architecture and diverse materials, as objects, images and sounds that she gathers during those walks through the streets. The artist studies Visual Arts at the University of Brasilia – UnB. Exhibits regularly since 2017. In 2019, had her first solo show in Esponcedra Art and Culture Gallery, Barcelona, Spain.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes, exclusively for PIPA Prize 2020:
– Creative Process Lab, NAVE, Brasília, Brazil
– Bachelors’ Degree in Visual Arts, Institute of Visual Arts, University of Brasília, UnB
– “Arquitecturas Cambiantes”, Esponcedra, Center for art and culture, Barcelona, Spain
– 2o Prêmio Vera Brant de Arte contemporânea, Espaço Cultural Renato Russo, Brasília, Brazil
– “Transmito”, Manoobra, Brasília, Brazil
– “Hospitalidade”, Dona Lembrança, Olhos D’água, Brazil
– “Triangular: arte deste século”, Casa Niemeyer, Brasília, Brazil
– “Todo espaço entre”, A Pilastra, Brasília, Brazil
– “Se eu fosse dizer que é aqui”, NAVE, Brasília, Brazil
– “Pélago”, A Pilastra, Brasília, Brazil
– Mostra 2017 Tubo de Ensaios, Tubos Urbanos, Casa da América Latina, CAL, Brasília, Brazil
– #16. ART Encontro Internacional de Arte e Tecnologia Brasil, Imaginar o real, Museu Nacional da República, Brasília, Brazil
– “Além da forma, livro de artista”, Casa do Cantador, Brasília, Brazil
– Residency Program by Esponcedra, Center for art and culture, Barcelona, Spain
– Residência Hospitalidade, Olhos D’água, Brazil