(this page was last updated in March 2023)
Brasília, Brazil, 1997.
Lives and works in Brasília, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2020 nominee.
Cecília Lima, born in Brazil in 1997, is a visual artist who lives and works in Brasília, Brazil. In her artistic research, she seeks to explore relationships between architecture, scales, spatial occupations, traces, balance, and other dimensions that constitute matter. Everyday displacements are the guiding axis of her experiments in languages such as sculpture, installation, video, and others. Graduated in visual arts from the University of Brasília – UnB. Cecília Lima exhibits regularly since 2017. In 2019, she had her first solo show at the Esponcedra Art and Culture gallery, in Barcelona, Spain. In 2020 she was nominated for the 11th edition of the Pipa Prize.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes, exclusively for PIPA Prize 2020:
BR 450 Series
– Creative Process Lab, NAVE, Brasília, Brazil
– Bachelors’ Degree in Visual Arts, Institute of Visual Arts, University of Brasília, UnB
– “Hospitality”, curated by Yana Tamayo, National Museum of the Republic, Brazil
– “Arquitecturas Cambiantes”, Esponcedra, Center for art and culture, Barcelona, Spain
– “Extas’e.1”, curated by Ianni Luna e Antenor Ferreira, Latin America’s House of Culture, CAL, Brasília, Brazil
– “NÓS”, curated by Vivian Fainglod, Dezoito Gallery, São Paulo, Brazil
– “One day I opened my eyes and it was Brasília”, curated by Ana Avelar e Renata Reis, Brasilia Museum of Art, Brazil 2022
– Cosmographies, curated by Clarissa Diniz, Index Art Gallery, Brasília, Brazil
– “Brasília em obras”, Galeria Index, Brasília, Brazil
– “The invention of silence”, curated by Malu Serafim (online)
– “2o Prêmio Vera Brant de Arte contemporânea”, Espaço Cultural Renato Russo, Brasília, Brazil
– “Transmito”, Manoobra, Brasília, Brazil
– “Hospitalidade”, Dona Lembrança, Olhos D’água, Brazil
– “Triangular: arte deste século”, Casa Niemeyer, Brasília, Brazil
– “Todo espaço entre”, A Pilastra, Brasília, Brazil
– “Se eu fosse dizer que é aqui”, NAVE, Brasília, Brazil
– “Pélago”, A Pilastra, Brasília, Brazil
– Mostra 2017 Tubo de Ensaios, Tubos Urbanos, Casa da América Latina, CAL, Brasília, Brazil
– #16. ART Encontro Internacional de Arte e Tecnologia Brasil, Imaginar o real, Museu Nacional da República, Brasília, Brazil
– “Além da forma, livro de artista”, Casa do Cantador, Brasília, Brazil
– Residency programme Transmetatlanticus, Latin America’s House of Culture, CAL, Brazil, Online
– Residency Program by Esponcedra, Center for art and culture, Barcelona, Spain
– Residência Hospitalidade, Olhos D’água, Brazil
– Latin America’s House of Culture, CAL, Brasília, Brazil