(this page was last updated in February 2024)
São Paulo, Brazil, 2008
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil
PIPA Prize 2022 nominee
PIPA 2022 Selected Artist
Works in the PIPA Institute Collection
Created in 2008 at the outskirts of the East Zone of the City of São Paulo by the artists and researchers Toni Baptiste and Flávio Camargo, The Collective COLETORES [Collectors] proposes itself to think the cities as means of support for its actions using different visual and technology languages, debating themes connected to the peripheries, historic/cultural erasings, such as the right to the city. The COLETORES collective has already been part of different projects connected to technology, art and the city through exhibitions and institutional projects, such as: Museu da Língua Portuguesa [Museum of Portuguese Language], FILE, FONLAD – Portugal, Bienal Internacional de Arquitetura de São Paulo, Instituto Moreira Salles, Rede Sesc, Red Bull Station, Centro Cultural São Paulo, SPURBAN, British Council, Dakar’s Biennial of Contemporary Art, besides being awarded by PROAC for Histórico de Realização em Artes Visuais 2021 and being nominated for the MVF Awards 2021. The Coletores Collective has a history of curatorship and work with projects in art education, human’s rights and right to the city, developing collaborations with institutions, collectives, brands and enterprises such as: Feira Preta, ECA-USP, UFRN, UFABC, Casa Natura Musical, Festival Bixa Nagô, Festa AMEM, Instituto a cidade precisa de você, São Mateus em Movimento, Ateliê Carlos Vergara, Atelier do Centro, Batekoo, among others.
- Coletivo Coletores participates in the Lahore Digital Arts Festival with a work in partnership with Romaisa Fawad
- Check out the artworks recently acquired by the PIPA Institute
- Remember the conversations between Luiz Camillo Osorio and the four Awarded Artists
- The PIPA Prize 2022 catalogue is available for download!
- Awarded artists takeover 2022: with Coletivo Coletores
- The PIPA exhibitions finish on Saturday: this edition's catalogue is available at Paço Imperial!
- Watch the videos of the guided visit to the PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists and PIPA Institute exhibitions
- The PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists' takeover starts on Monday
- Watch the video of the "PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists" exhibition's setting with interviews with the artists!
- Announcement of awardees