Lives and Works in São Paulo, Brazil.
Member of the PIPA Prize Nominating Committee 2022
Eder Chiodetto (1965, SP) holds a master’s degree in Communication from ECA/USP, journalist, editor, professor and independent curator, having held more than 120 exhibitions in Brazil and abroad at institutions such as Maison Européenne de la Photographie, Paris; Shisheido Gallery, Tokyo; Recoleta Cultural Center, Buenos Aires; São Paulo Museum of Modern Art, Caixa Cultural (SP, BSB, RJ), Paço Imperial (RJ), Palácio das Artes (BH), among many others.
He worked for thirteen years at Folha de S.Paulo as a photo reporter, editor and photography critic. He is currently curator of the Photography Collectors Club at MAM-SP, publisher of the photobook publisher Fotô Editorial, director of the Ateliê Fotô study center and mentor of the Arte na Fotografia program, on the television channel Arte1.
He is the author of the books “O Lugar do Escritor” (Cosac Naify, 2002), “Geração 00: A Nova Fotografia Brasileira” (Edições Sesc, 2011), “Curatorship in Photography: from research to exhibition” (Ateliê Fotô / Funarte, 2013). ) and “Being a Director: A journey through 30 Brazilian public schools” (Fotô Editorial, 2017), among others.
In recent years he has edited books by several Brazilian photographers such as Thomaz Farkas, German Lorca, Cristiano Mascaro, Araquém Alcântara, Luiz Braga, Rosângela Rennó and Eustáquio Neves, among others.
- Check out the Nominating Committee of PIPA Prize 2022
- Last days | Photography group show "Poder provisório"
- PIPA nominees participate in photography group show
- Photography group show gathers historical registers and conceptual artworks
- Photography group show with Caio Reisewitz, Lenora de Barros, Paulo Nazareth, Pedro Motta, Odires Mlászho and Sandra Cinto
- Photographic group exhibition "Poder provisório" on view
- Collective show features works by Odires Mlzászho and Gisela Motta & Leandro Lima