(this page was last updated in June 2019)
Faxinal do Soturno, Brazil, 1968
Lives and works in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Represented by Galeria Bolsa de Arte.
PIPA 2019 nominee.
Eduardo Haesbaert specialized in metal engraving, he has worked as Iberê Camargo’s assistant. At Fundação Iberê Camargo, he coordinates the Engraving Workshop. The artist’s experimental act reveals itself through the unfoldment of metal engraving, his fundamental means of expression, in drawings and paintings. He has been a part of solo exhibitions at Galeria Bolsa de Arte de Porto Alegre| São Paulo (2011, 2015, 2017), at Paço Municipal de Porto Alegre (2017), at Espaço Cultural ESPM-Sul (2016) and at Fundação Ecarta (2014).
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2019:
The artist’s experimental act reveals itself through the unfoldment of metal engraving, his fundamental means of expression, in drawings and paintings.
He started his studies in visual arts at Escola ASPES, in Santana do Livramento, in 1980. In Porto Alegre, he specialized in metal engraving at Atelier Livre da Prefeitura (Porto Alegre Open Studio) from 1986 to 1989. He worked as Iberê Camargo’s assistant, working as a technician and pressman for his engravings between 1990 and 1994. At Fundação Iberê Camargo, he coordinates the Engraving Workshop, where he develops the Guest Artist project, a residency of national and international artists who are invited to experiment with metal engraving, as well as being a member of the Archives team.
He showed his works at the following solo exhibitions: Desumano – Galeria Bolsa de Arte, Porto Alegre, 2017; Remove – Porto Alegre City Hall, 2017; Corte Seco | Pó – Espaço Cultura ESPM Sul, 2016; Negro de Fumo – Galeria Bolsa de Arte, São Paulo, 2015; Anotações de uma obra depois das cinco – Fundação Ecarta, Porto Alegre, 2014; Última Cena – Galeria Bolsa de Arte, Porto Alegre, 2011.
He also participated in the following collective exhibitions: Acervo em Movimento – Aldo Malagoli Art Museum (MARGS), Porto Alegre, 2019; Unânime Noite – Galeria Bolsa de Arte, São Paulo, 2016 – Contemporary Art Centre, Vilnius, 2017; Fundação Iberê Camargo, 2018; 10th Mercosur Biennale, Porto Alegre, 2015; O Triunfo do Contemporâneo – Santander Cultural, Porto Alegre, 2012; Do Ateliê ao Cubo Branco – Rio Grande do Sul Art Museum (MARGS), Porto Alegre, 2011.
His works are part of the collection of the following museums: Ado Malagoli Rio Grande do Sul Art Museum (MARGS), the Porto Alegre Contemporary Art Museum (MAC-RS), the Aldo Locatelli Pinacotheca – Porto Alegre Municipal Government and the Paraná Contemporary Art Museum (MAC-PR). He received the following awards: 6th Açorianos Visual Arts Awards – Best Individual Exhibition (Última Cena); Honorable Mention – 6th Porto Alegre Hall of Painting, 1995; Special Jury Prize – Body of Work – 2nd Victor Meirelles Art Hall, Florianópolis, 1994; First Prize – 16th Hall of Visual Arts of the Chico Lisboa Association, 1993; Paraná Department of Culture Awards – 49th Paraná Art Hall, 1992; Brasilia Award of Visual Arts – 12th National Visual Arts Hall, 1992.
- “Without handrails, but with foundations The Earth is not a building but a body”, by Adolfo Montejo Navas Corte seco:pó Exhibition Espaço Cultural ESPM-Sul, 2016
- “Speaks true who speaks shadow” By Nuno Ramos for the exhibition “Negro de Fumo” at the Galeria Bolsa de Arte de Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Brazil, 2015
- Meet some of the artists nominated for the PIPA Prize for the first time!
- MEET THE 76 PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINATED ARTISTS
- PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINEES | 10TH BULLETIN
- An ever-shifting exhibition in search of its author, "Unanimous Night" features 25 artists
- Last days | "Negro de Fumo", solo exhibition by Eduardo Haesbaert
- "Negro de Fumo", Eduardo Haesbaert's first solo show in São Paulo
- Last days | "Volúpia construtiva", group show with Luciano Zanette and Mayana Redin
- Luciano Zanette and Mayana Redin participate in drawing group exhibition
- Opening | "Volúpia Construtiva", group exhibition with Luciano Zanette and Mayana Redin