(this page was last updated in March 2023)
Lives and Works in São Paulo, Brazil.
Member of the PIPA Prize Nominating Committee 2022 and 2023
Giselle Beiguelman is an artist and professor at the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism of the University of São Paulo, Brazil. She is a member of the Laboratory of OUTROS Urbanismos (FAUUSP) and co-coordinator of GAIA (Art and Artificial Intelligence Group – INOVA USP. Her interests include aesthetics of memory and online activism. Her recent works include Odiolândia (2017), covering online reactions to violence against vulnerable groups in Brazil; the book Politics of the image: surveillance and resistance in the “datasphere” (UBU Editora, 2021); and an ongoing investigation into the colonialist imagination in 20th-century artworks that uses Artificial Intelligence resources.
- Check out the Nominating Committee of PIPA Prize 2022
- On view | "Multitude", group show with Dora Longo Bahia and Lourival Cuquinha
- Last days | "A Invenção da Praia", with Caio Reisewitz, Lucia Koch, Maria Laet and Waléria Américo
- Caio Reisewitz, Lucia Koch, Maria Laet and Waléria Américo in group show "A Invenção da Praia" ["The Invention of the Beach"]
- Group show puts together artworks by Caio Reisewitz, Lucia Koch, Waléria Américo and Maria Laet
- Group show depicts various perspectives of the beach
- Opening | "A Invenção da Praia" featuring Caio Reisewitz, Lucia Koch, Maria Laet and Waléria Américo