(this page was last updated in April 2023)
Itamarandiba, Brazil, 1983.
Lives and works in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2022 nominee
PIPA 2022 Selected Artist
Member of the PIPA Prize Nominating Committee 2023
Works in the PIPA Institute Collection
I had my childhood in Carbonita-MG, in Vale do Jequitinhonha. Among other things, from there I carry pequi dust, twisted weeds and pitch dark dripped with prayers. My family left for Caeté, in the metropolitan region of Belo Horizonte, and, from the daily commute to work, I traced drawings. I graduated in Languages from UFMG, became a teacher and said so many times that occupying any stage was the right of any and all people that I ended up listening to. I then graduated in Fine Arts at the Guignard School-UEMG and I am raising a boil of joining myself whole, from a braiding of knowledge heard, witnessed and inscribed in the musculature of my hands: various crafts, painting, laundry, spinning, writing, drawing, cooking, ceramics… With these trainings I am unraveling and weaving the recipes of occupying times and spaces in the moving of my subjectivities.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2022:
– Arts – Bachelor – Guignard School-UEMG – in progress
– Literature – Licentiate – Portuguese – UFMG
– Abre Alas 17 – Curated by Pollyana Quintella, Deri Agrade and Maxwell Alexandre. Gallery A Gentil Carioca – RJ
– Algumas Histórias sobre nós – Curated by Marcus Lontra and Rafael Peixoto, Galeria Danielian – RJ
– VEZA 02, SOUTH SOUTH platform, with artists participating in the Abre Alas 17 of Galeria A Gentil Carioca
– Virtual exhibition “Between isolation and contact” Guignard School-UEMG
Residencies and Orientations
– Artistic Residency Program – axis Ofício – IA – Instituto de Arte Contemporânea de Ouro Preto – in progress.
– EmTranse Residency – Cia Teato do Amanhã – Belo Horizonte-MG.
– POPAV- Project Orientation Program in Visual Arts, the POPAV, promoted by Sesc-SP, with orientation by Clarissa Diniz and Gustavo Torrezan, in digital format.
– Funarte RepirArte Award, with the storytelling group Movência.
– Awards for direction and production, theater at school category, FETO-BH (Belo Horizonte Theater Student Festival).
- "Six Artists": group show with Josi, Luana Vitra, André Ricardo and other three names
- Check out the artworks recently acquired by the PIPA Institute
- Remember the conversations between Luiz Camillo Osorio and the four Awarded Artists
- The PIPA Prize 2022 catalogue is available for download!
- Luiz Camillo Osorio in conversation with Jacques Leenhardt about J. -B. Debret and the contemporary rereadings
- The PIPA exhibitions finish on Saturday: this edition's catalogue is available at Paço Imperial!
- Awarded artists takeover 2022: with Josi
- Watch the videos of the guided visit to the PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists and PIPA Institute exhibitions
- The PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists' takeover starts on Monday
- Watch the video of the "PIPA 2022 Awarded Artists" exhibition's setting with interviews with the artists!