(this page was last updated in July 2021)
Anannindeua, Brazil, 1988.
Lives and works in Natal, Brazil.
Represented by Janaina Torres Galery.
PIPA 2021 nominee.
The artist starts from fiction, non-linear temporalities, ancestral memories and the recreation of worlds through resignified image fragments. Using photographs collage, made analogically or digitally, she appropriates images found in personal files, thrift shopping and search websites for the creation and reconnection of ancestral memories, in a process of decolonizing the image, the look and the photographic language. The symbolic significance of portraits of different peoples and ethnicities, landscapes and astronomical elements are mixed with residues, traces, pixels and granulations of files of different resolutions. She has works exhibited in physical and digital media in Brazil, Colombia and Spain and in 2020 she won the Margem Fotografica Potiguar Award.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2021:
– Full Curriculum
– “Construindo narrativas como dispositivo de re-existência”, Abapirá, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– Festival Duas: Artistas Contemporâneas, Natal, Brazil
– Virtual show “Prêmio Margem de Fotografia Potiguar” Natal, Brazil
– 6ª Edição Pequeno Encontro de Fotografia online, Pernambuco, Brazil
– “Miradas en Femenino”, Madri, Spain
– “Viajes de papel- II Feria de publicaciones gráficas e independientes: La rodante”, Cali, Colombia
– XI Salão Nacional Victor Meirelles, Florianópolis, Brazil
– “Arte Postal Resquícios”, Florianópolis, Brazil
– VI Semana de artes visuais UFRN, Natal, Brazil
– Bienal Internacional do Pequeno Formato, Guarulhos, Brazil
– XXI Salão Primeiros passos CCBEU, Belém, Brazil
– M.A.P.A , Natal, Brazil
– Margem Fotografia Potiguar, Natal, Brazil