(this page was last updated in July 2016)
The Award Jury is responsible for choosing PIPA’s great winner, who receives the R$100,000 prize.
The Jury changes each year.
The decision is based on the portfolio, the artworks showed at MAM-Rio’s exhibition, on the amount of the prize to be received and the relevancy of the international artist residency program for the development of the artist. The weigh of the factors is at the members of the Award Jury sole discretion.
The 2013 Award Jury members were:
- Gilberto Chateaubriand – the main Brazilian art collector
- Luiz Camillo Osório – curator of Rio de Janeiro Museum of Modern Art and member of PIPA Board.
- Moacir dos Anjos – curator and member of PIPA Board. He was chief curator of 29th São Paulo Biennial ( together with Agnaldo Farias) and is researcher with Fundação Joaquim Nabuco, Pernambuco, since 1990.
- Eungie Joo – director of art and cultural programs at Inhotim and former director and curator of education and public programs at the New Museum.
- Carlos Vergara – one of the most important Brazilian artists.
PIPA 2013 winner was announced, here at the website, on November 6th, and the exhibition can be visited at MAM-Rio until November 10th.
PIPA 2013 Winner
In 2013 the Award Jury elected Cadu as PIPA 2013 Winner.
Cadu received R$100,000, of which a part was given in cash and a part was used to fund the winner’s participation in an international artist residency program, at Residency Unlimited, in New York, USA.