(this page was last updated in January 2018)
Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil, 1982.
Lives and works between Amsterdam, Holland and São Paulo, Brazil.
PIPA 2015 nominee.
Adriano Amaral received his MA in Sculpture from The Royal College of Art, London, UK (2012-2014) and is currently an artist in residence at De Ateliers, Amsterdam (2014-2016). In 2014 he received the Kenneth Armitage Young Sculptor Prize. Amaralʼs work encompasses an examination of the nature of things – the stuff of the world; itʼs substance, value, materiality and mutability. Blurring the boundaries between object and space; composition and dispersion; painting and sculpture, Amaral creates site-specific installations, responding to the spatial and architectural elements of the exhibition space or gallery.
2014 – 2016
– De Ateliers, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
-MA in Sculpture from The Royal College of Art, London, UK.
– Frieze Art Fair London, Solo presentation at “Focus” section, Múrias Centeno, UK.
– “TraysForFlotation”, Mendes Wood DM, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Never From Concentrate”, Múrias Centeno, Porto, Portugal.
– “Soft Matter”, Space in Between, London, UK.
– “Em baixo da Terra o Céu de Novo”, Transversal, São Paulo, Brazil.
Selected Group Exhibitions
– F2 galeria, curated by Miguel Amado, Madrid, Spain.
– “New Participants”, De Ateliers, Amsterdam, Holland.
– “Flet”, SpazioA, Pistoia, Italy.
– “Postcodes – Kind”, Coletor, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Degree Show”, Royal College of Art, London, UK.
– “A Sense of Things”, Zabludowicz Collection, London, UK.
– “Aparição”, Galeria Athena Contemporânea, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Brutalidade Jardim”, curated by Kiki Mazzucchelli, Galeria Marília Razuk, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Open Cube”, curated by Adriano Pedrosa, White Cube Gallery, London, UK.
– “In Conversation”, Hilary Crisp Gallery, London, UK.
– “Back Fill”, Royal College of Art, London, UK.
– “WIP Show”, Royal College of Art, London, UK.
– “Solo Objects”, Arco Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
– “Programa Exposições”, MARP, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil.
– “Nova Escultura Brasileira”< Caixa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– 11º Salão de Guarulhos, Guarulhos, Brazil.
– “Recorte Transversal”, Galeria Transversal, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “2º Salão dos Artistas sem Galeria”, Casa Xiclet’s and Galeria Berenice Arvani, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Programa de Exposição”, MARP, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil.
-Kenneth Armitage Young Sculptor Prize, 2014
- Videos by Brazilian artists are featured in "SUPER-NATURAL, Until the end"
- Galeria Jaqueline Martins presentes "Adriano Amaral & Victor Gerhard"
- Video exhibition shows Adriano Amaral in dialogue with Tarkovsky
- Two simultaneous exhibitions with Brazilian artists in Rotterdam
- Last week of Adriano Amaral at Condo London 2019
- View the complete list of the PIPA Prize 2017 nominees
- Adriano Amaral presents his first institutional solo show in the Netherlands, "Alloy Alloy"
- Featuring 21 galleries from all over the globe, Condo London 2017 starts this weekend
- "ALLOY ALLOY", Adriano Amaral's first institutional solo exhibition
- "Brasil, Beleza?!" offers a colorful insight into the vast land of Brazil through a selection of works