(this page was last updated in November 2021)
São Paulo, Brazil, 1976.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
PIPA 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2016 nominee.
Felipe Cohen’s practice develops from the tension between traditional and contemporary forms of disposing the artistic object and from the study and rescue of recurring problems in the history of art with the intent of reinterpreting and updating their meanings in the present. This tension occurs through the articulation of noble materials with banal objects of everyday use, thus creating both paradoxical forms that are forced to coexist intimately, and symbolic updates of classical signs and genres in a dialectic process.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010:
- Felipe Cohen is featured in "Borderline Relation"
- China and Brazil in conversation in "Troposphere"
- Group show presents a panorama of Brazilian contemporary art production
- Strong Latin American presence in this year’s ARCOmadrid, which runs until Sunday
- "Imagine Brazil" gathers works by young Brazilian artists
- PIPA 2016 Nominees | 2nd Bulletin
- New gallery in Rio de Janeiro presents works by Adriano Motta, Felipe Cohen, Pedro Caetano, Vijai Patchineelam and WMT
- 44 Brazilian contemporary artists take part in the itinerant exhibition "Imagine Brazil"
- 10th edition of Mercosul Biennial starts today with works by 402 artists from 21 countries
- Feira PARTE Cidade Jardim | See some of the artworks showcased