(this page was last updated in November 2021)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1955.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA 2010 nominee.
Ivani Pedrosa explores the photography via mobile device, being a fast and available for both capture and send images to the world. Following this path she presented the individual VIRαVER at Centro Cultural Justiça Federal, in Rio de Janeiro in 2008.
Another line of Pedrosa’s work are the Interactive Sound Installations generally presented in the form of Interactive Sound Installations and Interactive Installations, as ‘Construtiva X’ from 2008 showed at her first international exhibition ‘Las Americas Latinas. Las fatigas del querer’, at Spazio Oberdan, Milan, Italy. In these installations are addressed questions about the construction / deconstruction of the image that each one offers to the other and the “narcissism” created by the contemporary world. “The observer is required on their perceptions and led to interact with the work without an imposition, by pure curiosity that the work generates to its mere contact” (part of the text by Reynaldo Roels to the exhibition at Centro Universitário Mariantonia, São Paulo, Brazil).
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010.
“eleveNArt-SESC Arte24horas.wmv”. Duration: 5’41”
“Botando banca”. Duration: 3’27”
Ivani Pedrosa Moreira graduated from the EBA, UFRJ (1995). Participated in an international workshop of art in London in 1994 and from 1996 to 2007, she attended courses at the EAV, Parque Lage in Rio de Janeiro.The artist maintains a study group with artists and develops work in photography in co-authorship.Started to exhibit their artworks in 1999, at the MNBA, RJ and then attended several collective exhibitions around the country, as “Tangência”, presented in 2001 at the Art Office of Raquel Arnaud, SP. In 2004 she made her first solo in University Center Mariantonia, USP, SP, presenting the architectural intervention ‘Espaço Amplificado III’. Develops Multiples interactive in series, as shown in 2012 in individual “(In)Visibilidade”, at the Centro Cultural Candido Mendes, Ipanema, RJ. It also produces drawings with graphite powder on paper, and explores the photographic environment with conventional cameras, digital and mobile phone as well as develops and promotes workshops of video art with mobile phone. In 2010 she was nominated for 1st Prize PIPA, Art Prize IP / MAM, RJ.
Another way of her artwork is the spatial interventions, and they are usually presented in the form of interactive installations and Sound interactive Installations as “Construtiva X”; 2008 presented at international exhibition “Las Americas Latinas- Las fatigas del querer”, appears at Spazio Oberdan, Milan, Italy. These installations are addressed questions about the construction and deconstruction of the image that each offers the other, the spectacle and banality of these images and "narcissism" created by the contemporary world. “The observer is requested by using perception and led to interact with the artwork without being imposed to, simply by the curiosity that the work provokes in getting in touch with it.” (Reynaldo Roels for display in the University Center Mariantonia).
Winner OPUS Thousand Award in 2014 with interactive multiple “Duel III”. Presented the individual “Entretempos- The individual and the city” in the CCJF, RJ in 2015. Participation in the “Relendo” Collective in 2015 and presentation of the individual “Fronteiras” in 2016, both in the Art Office Martha Pagy and the collective exhibition “Marina Monumental”, at Marina da Gloria, RJ, curated by Marc Poittier, in 2016. In 2017, participated in the collective “Acervo” Candido Mendes Cultural Center and “Group show in Ipanema”, at the Plajap Institute, both in Ipanema, RJ. Participation in ArtRio2017 with the installation “Paisagem possível V” and at “CIGA2017 Integrated Circuit of the Galleries”, ArtRio programming at the Plajap Institute, RJ. In the 2nd Rio’s Internacional Tridimensional Biennal, presented “Possible Landscapes III”, Installation in the premises of Jardim Botânico, RJ.
The individual ‘BREACHES FOR NEW SPACES’ that would be presented in the first half of 2020 at a Cultural Center in Rio de Janeiro, was postponed due to the pandemic. The Project, which will be carried out as soon as conditions are favorable, will address current issues such as representativeness, immigration, collaborative actions, and directions to be followed in the search for profound changes in ‘being in the world’.
In 2020 she was selected in the International Edital COMO SERÁ O AMANHÃ? with the self poetic-photographic essay “INTIMIDADE DESCOBERTA” and participated in the on line print fair Artsoul with the triptych “Intimidade Descoberta V” presented in digital printmaking technique.
In 2021 she participated in ArtRio on line and in the exhibition ‘Is it September already?’ at the Martha Pagy Art Office with the works “The Crown Jewel I, II and III” and in the group show ‘Transitivity’ presenting the collaborative photographic Installation ‘Biometrics of Violence 2001 to 2021’ at the gallery of the Cultural Complex Cidade das Artes, RJ.
– Listener in online meetings with presenters, curators, and artists invited by Escola Sem Sítio and Galeria Aymoré
– Online meeting with groups of Brazilian and Portuguese artists
– Bi-weekly meeting in her studio with groups of artists with the support of the Curator and art critic Marisa Florido Cesar
– Meetings at Paço Imperial with lectures by curator Marcelo Campos
– Bi-weekly meeting in her studio with a group of visual artists
– Candidate for Artistic Residency in the City of Porto, Portugal
– Weekly meeting with a group of independent artists with the curator Guilherme Bueno.
– Brazilian Art with the curator Guilherme Bueno at EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Fortnightly meeting with a group of independent artists at EAV-Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Laboratory of Research and Digital Graphics, with Bia Amaral, NAT-EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2006 – 2005
– Analysis and insertion in contemporary production, with Iole de Freitas, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– 3D, with Iole de Freitas, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
1996 – 1994
– Theoretical Course with Reynaldo Roels – EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– BA in Painting at Fine Arts School at UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Origin and Ownership, with Charles Watson, at Artist’s studio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Practical and Theoretical courses, with Charles Watson, Milton Machado, Ricardo Basbaum, Ângela Eanes and Stella Gambling, London, UK.
– “THE JOY OF THE CROWN I, II and III”, exhibition ‘Is it September Already?’ at the Martha Pagy Art Office that represents me in Rio de Janeiro.
– “BIOMETRY OF VIOLENCE” Collaborative Photographic Installation presented at the exhibition ‘Transitivity’ at Cidade das Artes gallery, RJ. Curated by Mirela Luz and Raimundo Rodrigues
-DISCOVERED INTIMACY (INTIMIDADE DESCOBERTA), poetic-photographic essay ranked 13th in the international art notice ‘What about Tomorrow?’, launched by the digital platform ArtVeine
– “Nas águas que se escondem”, group show at Espaço Cultural Correios, Niterói, RJ. Curated by Marisa Florido.
– “Rumo incerto”, solo show at Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy, Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
– “Em cada linha um traço – em cada fio uma trama”, Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy, Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
-2ª Trio Biennal – instalation at Jardim Botânico, RJ.
– ArtRio 2017 – Marina da Glória, RJ.
-CIGA – Circuito Integrado das Galerias de Artes – ArtRio, Instituto Plajap, RJ.
– “Acervo” – Group show at Centro Cultural Candido Mendes, Ipanema, RJ.
– “Group show in Ipanema” – Instituto Plajap, RJ
– “Marina Monumental” – Marina da Glória, RJ
– “Trouxa… who?” – Galeria Transparente
– “Fronteiras” – Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy
– “Relendo” – Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy
– “Entretempos – O indivíduo e a cidade”, solo show at CCJF, RJ.
– Ganhadora do Prêmio OPUS MIL 10 ANOS
– “RIO” – exposição coletiva na galeria Laguna Beach, Califórnia, USA.
– “Acervo” – Galeria Mª de Lourdes Mendes de Almeida, CC Candido Mendes, Ipanema, RJ.
– “Afetos & Saberes” – Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy, RJ.
– “Narratives” – Escritório de Arte Martha Pagy, RJ
– “(In)Visibilidade” – solo show at Galeria Maria de Lourdes Mendes de Almeida, Centro Cultural Candido Mendes, Ipanema, RJ.
– “Olhar tátil” – Centro Cultural Justiça Federal, RJ.
– “Largo das artes, year 4” – exposição coletiva em comemoração aos quatro anos daGaleria Largo das Artes, Centro, RJ.
– Indicação ao 1º Prêmio PIPA, Prêmio IP de Arte e MAM, RJ.
– “Arte24Horas”, SESC Rio Noites Cariocas, Development of a Workshop of art-video with a cell phone, with curatorship of Isabel Portella and Flavia Corpas – Espaço Píer Mauá, Armazém 4, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Las Americas Latinas. Las fatigas del querer” – group show with latin-american contemporary artists , at Spazio Oberdan, Milan/Italy, with curatorship of Philippe Daverio, Helena Agudio e Jean Blanchaert.
-“Ocupação em Lugar de Estar…”, group occupation of the Clube Naval da Marinha Brasileira building, downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Entre-Imagens”, group show at Galeria ‘Largo das Artes’ downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Fernando Cocchiarale.
– “Botando Banca”, video made during the exhibition ‘Entre-imagens’, where the artist had exchanged place with the hawkers, allowing them to go and see the installation “Construtiva X”.
– “VIRαVER ”, solo exhibition at Centro Cultural da Justiça, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Transverso”, Group show with independent artists on the second floor of an old mansion at Praça Tiradentes number 83, downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, January 2008.
– “Diminuir as Distâncias”, Galeria do Palácio do Itamaraty, Brasília, Brazil, curated by Luiza Interlenghi.
– FOTORIO 2007, “Project Art and Mobility” (cell phones pictures of daily routes), NAT/EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Bia Amaral.
– Projeto “faz Arte”, Social project in partnership with Laboratório Genzyme do Brasil, Ateliê da Imagem, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Acessos Possíveis II”, Total occupation of the mansion of EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Zona Oculta – Entre o Público e o Privado”, Espaço Cultural CEDIM, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,
-“Acessos Possíveis”, Commemorative exhibition of the 30 years of EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– Centro Universitário Mariantônia, USP, São Paulo, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Posição 2004”, EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“8 : 7” (Oito horas para sete artistas), Occupation of the mansion of the EAV, Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, curated by Iole de Freitas.
– “Tangências”, Gabinete de Arte Raquel Arnaud, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Novíssimos”, Galeria IBEU Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “Múltipla Escolha”, Galeria SESC Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Museu Nacional de Belas Artes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Prize through UniversidArte V, Universidade Estácio de Sá, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Project “Faz Arte” from APMPS Associação Paulista de Mucopolissacaridose with Laboratório Genzyme do Brazil.