(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Goiania, Brazil, 1971.
Lives and works in Goiania, Brazil.
PIPA 2010 nominee.
Marcelo Solá is not bound exclusively to drawing. This was the exemplified in his participation for the XXV Bienal de São Paulo, in 2002, when he showed an installation composed by sculpture, drawings and a drawing/mural painting. This was an extremely somber environment, complete fully in blacks and whites, in which besides the mural composed by a huge black plain covered by layers of tunnels and buried words, was a plane-like object created from the cars that drive coffins around the cemetery.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010.
– Galeria Arte em Dobro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “Desenhos Inéditos”, FUNARTE, Brasília, Brazil.
– “10+1: Os Anos Recentes da Arte Brasileira”, Instituto Tomie Ohtake, Säo Paulo, Brazil.
– Coletiva de inauguração da Galeria Oeste, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Desenhista”, Gentil Carioca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– “NANO” Galeria Arte em Dobro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Centre d’Art Baie-Saint Paul, Quebec, Canada.
– Museum of Modern Art São Paulo (MAM SP), São Paulo, Brazil.
– Museu Nacional de Belas Artes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Museum of Art Brasília, Brasília, Brazil.
– Gilberto Chateaubriand Collection, Museum of Modern Art Rio de Janeiro (MAM RJ), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Online exhibition: visit Ricardo Fernandes Gallery
- Last days | "Love and Aggression" by Marcelo Solá
- Marcelo Solá displays the new series "Love and Aggression"
- "Love and Aggression": new series of drawings by Marcelo Solá
- SP Arte 2014 | Highlights of the 10th edition
- SP-Arte | Galleries, artists and highlights of the 10th edition
- Opening | "Love and Aggression" individual show by Marcelo Solá