(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Santo André, Brazil, 1968.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
Represented by Tanya Bonakdar Gallery.
PIPA nominee 2010.
Sandra Cinto is a sculptor, designer and painter. She began her career in the 1990s, making representations of skies and clouds, inside box and cupboards, as in “Retábulo” (1995).
-Graduated in Art Education from Faculdades Integradas Teresa D’Ávila, Fatea, in Santo André, São Paulo, Brazil.
-Received fellowships from Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris (2000–01).
-Awarded with the Residency Prize, Civitella Ranieri Foundation, Umbertide, Italy (2005).
-Works as a university professor and adviser of groups of study of young artists of the studio Ateliê Fidalga, in São Paulo.
Important Solo Exhibitions
-Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno (CAAM), Madrid, Spain.
-Oscar Niemeyer Museum (MON), Curitiba, Brazil.
-Instituto Tomie Ohtake in São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“The Difficult Crossing (Après Géricault)”, MACUF Museum of Contemporary Art Union Fenosa, La Coruña, Spain.
-Wall Project at São Paulo Museum of Modern Art, São Paulo, Brazil.
-Museu de Arte da Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
-XXIV Bienal de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil.
Notable Public Projects and Commissions
2012 – 2014
-“Encounter of Waters” at Seattle Art Museum’s Olympic Park Pavilion
2012 – 2013
-“One Day, After the Rain”, commissioned by The Phillips Collection in Washington, USA.
-“A Casa das Fontes (The House of Fountains)”, an installation conceived for Casa do Sertanista in São Paulo, Brazil.
-“When The Night Comes Into My Room”, an outdoor public commission for Obra Viva/Esculturas Públicas (Living Work/Public Sculptures) at Parque Ecológico Municipal Estoril–Virgilio Simionatto in São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil.
-“Japonism”, a public commission for the SESC swimming pool in Santo André, Brazil.
-Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo in New York.
-The Phillips Collection in Washington
-Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston and Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in California
-Centro Galego de Arte Contemporáneo, Santiago de Compostela
-Fundación Pedro Barrié de la Maza/Conde de Fenosa, La Coruña
-Fundación ARCO, Madrid.
-Inhotim Instituto de Arte Contemporânea e Jardim Botânico, Brumadinho
-Museu de Arte Contemporânea da Universidade de São Paulo
-Museu de Arte Moderna de São Paulo
-Museu de Arte Moderna Aloísio Magalhães, Recife
-Museu de Arte da Pampulha, Belo Horizonte
-Museu de Arte Moderna Rio de Janeiro/ Coleção Gilberto Chateaubriand
-Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
- "Hot Spot": the group show that deals with the environmental catastrophe closes next month
- "Nights of Hope in Maçarico City": visit Sandra Cinto's solo show online viewing room
- Last days to see Maxwell Alexandre, avaf and Sandra Cinto at the Thailand Biennale
- "El crime perfecto" presents Sandra Cinto and Cinthia Marcelle
- Last days to see "DECATEGORIZED Artists From Brazil"
- "Cosmic Garden II": Sandra Cinto's new exhibition
- "OVR: Miami Beach" starts next week with many participating Brazilian artists and galleries
- "Cosmic Garden", Sandra Cinto's site specific in Tokyo
- Last weeks to see “Pensar é Guardar”
- "Landscape of a Lifetime", Sandra Cinto's new mural at the DMA, in Dallas