(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Roberto Moreira Junior, known as Traplev.
Caçador, Brazil, in 1977.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA nominee 2010.
Roberto Moreira Junior, as known as Traplev, coordinates the actions of the ‘Traplev Agenciamentos e ou Orçamentos’ since 2005, where he organises seminars, temporary expedition projects, workshops, curatorships, exhibitions and collaborative projects.
Since 2002 he directs the Brazilian Publication RECIBO, to which he is the chief editor.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2010:
Has a Bachelor (1999-2003) and Masters (2005-2007) in Visual Arts by the Centre of Arts in the University of the Estado de Santa Catarina (UDESC), in Florianópolis.
Main Solo Exhibitions
– “Validades e frustrações sala 5” – Prize Marcantonio Vilaça of Fine Arts – Funarte, Art Museum of Santa Catarina (MASC), Florianópois, Brazil.
– “Die Alsdehnung als Effekt” (The Extension as an Effect), Montgomery, Berlin, Germany.
– “Projetos e Orçamentos Traplev”, Municipal de Criciúm Gallery, Brazil.
– “novos laboratórios”, Museum of Contemporary Art in Goiás, Brazil.
Main Group Exhibitions
– “À sombra do futuro”, Instituto Cervantes de São Paulo, curatorship by Luiza Proença e Roberto Winter, Brazil.
– 7th Bienal do Mercosul projeto, curatorship by Radio visual, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
– “Contin[g]ências”, curatorship by Guy Amado at Arquipélago in Florianópolis, Brazil.
– 27th Arte Pará, Belém; 10º Salão Victor Meirelles, MASC, Florianópolis, Brazil.
– Projetos de Regina Melim “Exposição Portátil” “PF” (2006), “Amor leve com você” (2007) e “Coleção” (2008)
– “Aurora zwischen nacht und tag” Torstr. 111, Berlin, Germany.
– “Prekarieserung oh weh weh, Produktionstop!”, Montgomery, Berlin, Germany.
– Projeto Contramão nº 10, Terminal Urbano de Florianópolis, Brazil.
– Open Studio, El Basilisco, Avellaneda, BsAs, Argentina.
– “1 triz” curatorship by Adriana Barreto and Julia Amaral, opening of the art space Vento Sul at the Museu Hassis, Fpolis, Brazil.
– “Abre-Alas” A Gentil Carioca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– 61st Salão Paranaense, MAC-PR, Curitiba, Brazil.
– Projeto Schwanke, Jaraguá do Sul, Fpolis and São Paulo, Brazil.
– “A claridade do cordeiro”, MIS-SC, Brazil.
– Lugar a Dudas, Cali, Colombia (2009).
– Montgomery, Berlin, Germany (2007).
– El Basilisco en Avellaneda Buenos Aires, Argentina (2006).
– Faxinal das Artes em Faxinal do Céu no Paraná, Brazil (2002).
Artworks in Collections
– Art Museum of Santa Catarina
– Museum of Contemporary Art of Goiás
– Museum of Contemporary Art of Paraná
– Fundação Cultural de Itajaí
– Prize Marcantônio Vilaça Funarte of Fine Arts (2011).
– Sponsorship by Bolsa FUNARTE de Estímulo à Produção Crítica em Artes Visuais e no Edital Cultura e Pensamento – MINC, to public 6 new versions of RECIBO a visual art publication to which he is chief editor (2010). RECIBO is the Brazilian publication that was invited for the special edition organized by the Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Castilla y León Contemporary Art Museum(MUSAC) of Pulgar Magazine (Venezuela) which will bring together independent art magazines in Latin America ,to be launched in October 2010, in Spain.
– Sponsorship from the Brazilian Embassy in Buenos Aires for the Residency Program El Basilisco (2006).– Received support from the Brazilian Embassy in Germany for the exhibition at Montgomery, in Berlin (2009).
– Prize at the 61st Salão Paranaense in Curitiba, Brazil (2006).
– Acquisition Prize of the 10th Salão de Itajaí, Brazil (2005).
– Recibo – publication selected by the Thought and Culture Program of the Brazilian Ministry of Culture
– Research on the magazine Malasartes
- "How to remain silent?" addresses the current state of affairs in Brazil
- "Esforço-Desempenho", curated by Germano Dushá, gathers together works by 12 artists
- Bruno Kurru and Vivian Caccuri present works in the group exhibition "Quero te encontrar"
- Last days | "Viva Maria", group show with Gustavo Speridião, Hector Zamora, Pablo Lobato and Traplev
- Gustavo Speridião, Hector Zamora, Pablo Lobato and Traplev participate in group show "Viva Maria"
- "Viva Maria" | Group show with Gustavo Speridião, Hector Zamora, Pablo Lobato and Traplev
- PIPA 2013 nominees | 5 new video-interviews