(this page was last updated in August 2017)
São Paulo, Brazil, 1981.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil
PIPA 2012 nominee.
Graduated in Fine Arts from the University of São Paulo in 2008. Since 2005, Erica has participated in exhibitions with the group ‘Hóspede’ and has also presented solo shows. Ferrari participated in the 61st Abril Salon in Fortaleza, the 68th Santo André Salon, where she won the Acquisition Prize and was a resident of the Open Studio [Ateliê Aberto] at Casa Tomada Space in 2010.
In 2011, she participated in the 36th Art Salon of Ribeirão Preto, where she was also honoured with the Acquisition Award. The artist received a funding from the Ministry of Culture of São Paulo through the Cultural Programme of Action with the project ‘Panorama Imaginista’, presented individually at Emma Thomas Gallery and at the Palácio das Artes in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and participated in the group exhibition ‘Nova Escultura Brasileira’, at Caixa Cultural of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Erica Ferrari graduated in Visual Arts from the University of São Paulo with a BA in Sculpture. Her work focuses on the relationships between architecture, landscape and day-to- day life in the city. This includes a study of the historic and symbolic density of architectural structures, different representations of the idea of landscape and the elements that visually compose our understanding of what is constructed and what is natural. The pieces are presented as objects or panels, usually constructed of materials commonly used in houses and furniture like wood, plaster and formica. She won Acquisitions Prizes in important art salons in Brazil and received public grants for production. She presented individuals exhibitions in Emma Thomas Gallery, in Palácio das Artes (Minas Gerais), in Art Museum of Ribeirao Preto (São Paulo), in 32° ARCO in Madrid and in the English Culture Festival Award. Erica was a resident artist at Casa Tomada (São Paulo), at Sculpture Space in Utica (New York) and in Rampa (Madrid). In 2014 she presented solos exhibitions in PIVÔ and Paço das Artes, both in São Paulo. In 2015, after residence in GlogauAIR in Berlin, she produced a new body of work presented in an individual at Murillo La Greca Museum in Recife, whose development was also displayed in Totemonumento, a collective exhibition at Galeria Leme. She produced the installation “The name of the margin” for the show Provocar Urbanos in SESC Vila Mariana, fruit of research on the constitution of the neighborhood. The work was executed in partnership with the artist Maurício Adinolfi. The duo also carried out a site-specific installation at FUNARTE Ocupada in May 2016 and an interfere action in one temporary public work in Capão Redondo, counting on with the collaboration of the local community in October of the same year. In 2017 she prepares a project for FUNARTE of São Paulo from studies on monuments and public space. Erica was also a member of Grupo Hóspede between 2005 and 2010 which participated in several exhibitions and projects across the country. Among the activities with the group stand out the project Laboratório Hotel – study training center and residence in Largo da Batata in São Paulo -sponsored by the Ministry of Culture in 2007, in addition to selections in initiatives such as the Exhibition Program of the Centro Cultural São Paulo and Projects Season of the Paço das Artes.
- Last days | "Totemonumento", group show with Clara Ianni, Erica Ferrari, Frederico Filippi and Regina ParraErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- "Totemonumento" gathers together works that transmit the idea of memory and historyErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Opening | 11th edition of project "Abre Alas" exhibitionErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Last days | Situações Brasília 2014 Prize awards 25 artistsErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Situações Brasília 2014 | See some of the works on view and contemplated artistsErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Opening | Situações Brasília 2014 Prize awards 25 artistsErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Last days | "Estratigrafia - Palácios", solo exhibition by Érica FerrariErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Last days | "Corpos d'água", solo exhibition by Erica FerrariErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Erica Ferrari displays artwork inspired by the São Paulo landscapeErica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017
- Érica Ferrari on view with the solo exhibition "Estratigrafia - Palácios"Erica Ferrari, “Estudo para Monumento”, 2017