(this page was last updated in April 2019)
Pelotas, Brazil, 1980.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
Represented by Sé Galeria.
PIPA 2015 and 2019 nominee.
Fabiana Faleiros most recent research focuses on the voice as gender performativity through music, performance, text and sound installations. Since 2012 she has developed the project “Lady Incentive”, the creation of a singer/public figure who questions the outsourcing of culture by the incentive laws, performing in exhibition contexts, music festivals and parties. “Lady Incentive: New ways of loving and burn CD” was her first album, recorded live in Mobile Radio – 30 São Paulo Biennial, Brazil (2012). In the exhibition “Love Songs”, Tomie Ohtake Institute, São Paulo, Brazil (2014), presented the videoclip trilogy “Masturbate”, “I’m Awesome” and “Tigress”. Her poems have been published in magazines such as “Modo de Usar & CO”, Brazil and “La Otra”, Mexico.
“Lady Incentivo – Sou Foda (I’m no good)”. Duration: 4’40”
“Lady Incentivo – Masturbar (I Feel Love)”. Duration: 6’24
“Lady Incentivo – Tigresa (na seca)”. Duration: 2’29”
-PhD student at UERJ Arts Institute, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with FAPERJ PhD A-Grade Grant.
Recent Solo Exhibitions and Projects
– “Mastur Bar”, solo show, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Museum of Military Police”, Joaquim Nabuco Foundation, Recife, Brazil.
– “Libertad a La Orden”, with Rafael RG, El Parche Artistic Residency, Bogotá, Colombia.
– “The own party”, with Olga Robayo and Vitor Faleiros, JACA, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Selected Group Exhibitions
-“Brazil: Arts and Music”, Zachęta National Gallery of Art, Warsaw, Poland.
-“Multitude”, SESC Pompeia, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Insurgent Bodies”, SESC Vila Mariana, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Abre Alas”, Gentil Carioca Gallery, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Other visible things on paper”, Galeria Leme, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Camp/Anticamp: queer guide for everyday life”, with Rafael RG, HAU Theater, Berlin, Germany.
-“Gold”, with Rafael RG, W139, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
-“Lady Incentivo/Ninguém é você” through the PROAC Award for Creative Writing – Poetry (ed. Hedra).
-“Everything I wrote during one month – Autobiography Collection”
-“How to write an image?”, publication resulting workshop taught at the 29 São Paulo Biennial.
-Award PROAC Artist Book.
-Lady Incentivo Facebook page: www.facebook.com/aladyincentivo
- MEET THE 76 PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINATED ARTISTS
- PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINEES | 12TH BULLETIN
- 10th Berlin Biennale features two Brazilian artists
- Group show in Vienna discusses the relationship between art, culture and media
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- Confirmed artists on the sixth edition of PIPA Prize | Updates everyday
- Check who are the artists already confirmed for PIPA 2015
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominated Artists | Read the 14 names announced today
- PIPA 2015 Nominees | 1st bulletin