(this page was last updated in April 2018)
Congo, Africa, 2013.
Lives and works between São Paulo, Brazil and Belgium.
Represented by Gallery Casa Triângulo.
PIPA 2015 Nominee.
Fancy Violence is materialized by a painting by Rodolpho Parigi. This character/alter-ego of Parigi appears in a performance entitled Poltergeist, which happened at Pivô São Paulo, Brazil.
Fancy is a character who transits through performance, theatre and illusionism. Her characteristics reach out a trans woman, Fancy is not a drag queen nor a transvestite. The work happens as a sculptural performance, and not as a concert. Art history, sexual identity, and the possible metamorphosis and corporal illusions are subjects that interest Fancy. The body becomes a vibrant field of experiences. Fancy studied oriental arts as Kabuki, Butoh, Sumie and Kung Fu, and also mentioning synthetic music and EBM are always present in her appearances, creating a sound architecture to reach a specific territory.
To learn more about Rodolpho Parigi, click here.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fancy-Violence/
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominated Artists | Read the 14 names announced today
- PIPA 2015 Nominees | 1st bulletin
- Last days | Group exhibition "To see what is coming"
- Group exhibition with performances, film screenings and publications occupies Rio gallery
- "To see what is coming" | Group show with performances, film screenings and publications
- "To see what is coming", group exhibition with public performances, film screenings and publications