(this page was last updated in October 2020)
Congo, Africa, 2013.
Lives and works between São Paulo, Brazil and Belgium.
PIPA 2015 Nominee.
Fancy Violence is materialized by a painting by Rodolpho Parigi. This character/alter-ego of Parigi appears in a performance entitled Poltergeist, which happened at Pivô São Paulo, Brazil.
Fancy is a character who transits through performance, theatre and illusionism. Her characteristics reach out a trans woman, Fancy is not a drag queen nor a transvestite. The work happens as a sculptural performance, and not as a concert. Art history, sexual identity, and the possible metamorphosis and corporal illusions are subjects that interest Fancy. The body becomes a vibrant field of experiences. Fancy studied oriental arts as Kabuki, Butoh, Sumie and Kung Fu, and also mentioning synthetic music and EBM are always present in her appearances, creating a sound architecture to reach a specific territory.
To learn more about Rodolpho Parigi, click here.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fancy-Violence/
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominated Artists | Read the 14 names announced today
- PIPA 2015 Nominees | 1st bulletin
- Last days | Group exhibition "To see what is coming"
- Group exhibition with performances, film screenings and publications occupies Rio gallery
- "To see what is coming" | Group show with performances, film screenings and publications
- "To see what is coming", group exhibition with public performances, film screenings and publications