(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Brasília, Brazil, 1979.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA 2013 and 2014 nominee.
Fernanda Quinderé was graduated in Economics from the Universidade Candido Mendes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She attended the School of Visual Arts of Parque Lage, and painting classes in Estácio de Sá. Fernanda studied photography in Ateliê da Imagem. In 2010, she completed a postgraduate degree in Art: Curator and Critic at PUC-SP (São Paulo, Brazil). In 2012, Fernanda made a solo exhibition at Anita Schwartz Gallery, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.. In 2007, in Galeria do Porto and in 2004, Fernanda made also a solo exhibition at Galerie Debret – Espace Culturel de l’Ambassade du Brésil in Paris, France. In 2013, Fernanda participated in a group exhibition in MuBE, São Paulo, Brazil. In 2011 and 2012 participated in two group exhibitions in the gallery Anita Schwartz. Her work “… and I think about how long it will take us to blow us away” is part of the collection of new acquisitions of 2012 by Gilberto Chateaubriand for MAM-Rio (Museum of Modern Art).
Paula Braga writes about Fernanda Quinderé
Not long ago, Fernanda Quinderé was known for her big paintings made of small squares, like pixels, with colors gradient, creating optical effects, reminiscent of the artwork of Vasarely and LeParc. Patiently, the artist calculated with acrylic paint different grading of light for a single color, and as if turning a volume button, made the center explode in light as the outskirt.
- SP Arte Brasília 2014 | See the featured galleries and artists
- PIPA 2014 | Participating Artists
- PIPA 2014 Nominees | 14th bulletin
- PIPA Online 2013 2nd round | Last days to vote
- PIPA Online 2013 | Result of the 1st round
- PIPA Online 2013 begins in 9 days
- New pages for first time nominees
- PIPA 2013 Artists | 4 new pages
- Full list of PIPA 2013 artists
- PIPA 2013 Nominees | Full list