(this page was last updated in July 2017)
Araçatuba, Brazil, 1970.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA 2015 and 2017 nominee.
PIPA 2014 Nominating Committee Member.
Artist and researcher, for 18 years has been letting the site determine what he will build, and, more recently, eat. Professor at the Art Institute at UERJ with a PHD in Visual Poetics at USP, University São Paulo, Brazil. Recently finished a post-doctoral research at UDESC, University of the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil, where he investigated on possible relations between agroecology and site-specific art practices.
“Incômodo”, 2012. Duration: 2’13”. In collaboration with Roberto Traplev.
“Obediência”, 2006/2015. Duration: 1’35”, text. Version shown at “FRESTAS”, Trienal, Sorocaba, Brazil, 2015.
Revista Bravo: #32bienal (activation of the piece) Jorge Menna Barreto: “Restauro”, 2016, duration: 4’25”
Revista Select: 32ª Bienal de São Paulo – Jorge Menna Barreto, 2016, duration: 1’29”
Revista Veja São Paulo: Por dentro da Bienal: entenda a obra de arte em forma de restaurante, 2016, duration: 1’12”
- Meet the PIPA Prize 2017 participating artists
- View the complete list of the PIPA Prize 2017 nominees
- PIPA Prize 2017 Nominees | 1st Bulletin
- “Dynamic Encounters” during the 32nd São Paulo Biennial
- 32nd São Paulo Biennale announces preliminary list with 52 artists
- On view | Marcantonio Vilaça Prize Nominees’ exhibition
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- Confirmed artists on the sixth edition of PIPA Prize | Updates everyday
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominated Artists | Read the 14 names announced today