(this page was last updated in June 2016)
Florianópolis, Brazil, 1988.
Lives and works in São Paulo, Brazil.
PIPA 2013 nominee.
Maíra Dietrich’s works focus on the intersections between writing, literature, visual arts, artist’s publications and printed art works. She is a partner and collaborator of the independent art publisher “par(ent)esis”, a member of the organization of the artist publication fair and exhibition “TURNÊ”, and runs the independent art publishing label “A missão”.
Graduated in Visual Arts by the University of Santa Catarina.
– 12º Itajaí Nacional Show, Itajaí, Brazil.
– “Papel de Desenho”, SESC-SC art exhibition circuit, Brazil.
– “Achados e Perdidos”, Casa de Cultura, Londrina, Brazil.
– “Paralelo Cascaes Show”, Palácio Cruz e Souza, MHSC, Florianópolis, Brazil.
– “Horizonte de Eventos”, ECARTA Foundation, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
– “LOJA”, in Curitiba, Florianópolis, Ribeirão Preto and São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Gabinete”, Museu Victor Meirelles, Florianópolis, Brazil.
-“Carta de Intenção”, Edição Campinas.
– “Convivências #6”, edited by Casa Tomada and Prólogo,.
– “Cadernos de Desenho”, edited by Corpo Editorial.
Awards and Residencies
Awarded with the 2013 PROAC prize for the artistic/literary residency Carta de Intenção, in collaboration with Ateliê Aberto in Campinas-SP.
Nominated in 2012 among the ten highlighted young artists by Bolsa Iberê Camargo.
Integrated as artist the residency Ateliê Aberto #6 of Casa Tomada in São Paulo, Brazil.