(this page was last updated in June 2022)
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1980
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PIPA 2014 Nominee
Developing his language through collages, objects and installations, drawing on the relationships between two and three dimensional planes, place and void, inside and outside, dissolution of form and autonomy of colour.
Marcelo Jácome’s research permeates issues related to the concept of space-time which enables him to work on the idea of expanded painting, problematized from sculptural-objects and participatory installations.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2014.
Architect and Urbanist, graduated in 2005 from Santa Úrsula University.
Started his Art training in 2001 with prominent names in the Brazilian art scene such as Iole de Freitas, GlóriaFerreira and others.
Recorte cronológico resumido
– “Planos-Pipa”, Perspectivas Project, Curitiba, Brazil
– “KITE”, ICArt Miami – Royal Caribbean , Miami, USA
– “Raum Farbe”, Stiftung Brasilea, Basel, Switzerland
– “Madureira Pop”, Martha Pagy Escritório de arte, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “Multiedro Expandido”, Ciruito de Arte Contemp. do Museu do Açude, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “Planos-Pipa”, Instituto Cultural Plajap, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– Residência artística Echangeur 22, Saint Laurent des Arbres, France
“Seções Espaço Temporais”, EAV Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Pórtico”, Jardin d’Acclimatation, Paris, France
“Multiedros Relacionados”, Made by-Cidade Matarazzo, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Planos-Pipa”, Paper, Saatchi Gallery, Londres, UK
– “XYZT”, Gallery Nosco, Londres, UK
– “Pontos Suspensos”, EAV Parque Lage, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “Jeux de Couleurs”, Espace_L art contemporain, Genebra, Switzerland
– “Marcelo Jácome 001”, Largo das Artes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
– “O Passadiço”, Programa Próximo Futuro – F. Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisboa, Portugal
– “Somatório Singular”, Galeria Murilo Castro, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
– “Novíssimos”, Galeria IBEU, RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
- Marcelo Jácome in solo show in Switzerland
- Last days | "Made by... Feito por Brasileiros", exhibition with over 100 artists and brand new works
- Over 100 artists featured in exhibition at a historical São Paulo spot
- Opening | "Made by... Feito por Brasileiros", exhibition with over 100 artists and brand new works
- Check out this week's video interviews: Laura Vinci, Marcelo Jácome and Pablo Ferretti
- PIPA 2014 nominee interview: Marcelo Jácome
- PIPA 2014 Artists | See the pages created this week
- Last days | "A questão do espaço na arte", with Marcelo Jácome
- Marcelo Jácome participates in group show with an installation
- PIPA 2014 | Participating Artists