(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Campina Grande, Brazil, 1966.
Lives and works in Recife, Brazil.
PIPA 2015 Nominee.
2012 & 2000
Oriana Duarte holds a Doctorate and Master’s in Communication and Semiotics from the Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Brazil.
Bachelor´s Degree in Industrial Design from the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Brazil.
She is a professor in the Department of Design of the UFPE, Recife, Brazil.
-“Plus Ultra: Nós Errantes”, Santander Cultural, Recife, Brazil.
-“Plus Ultra”, Galeria Amparo 60, Recife, Brazil.
-“Os riscos de E.V.A.”, Paço das Artes, São Paulo, Brazil.
-Art from Pernambuco, Embassy of Brazil, London, UK.
-“Pororoca”, Museu de Arte do Rio (MAR), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-Bienal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil.
-“Deslize”, Museu do Rio (MAR), Rio de Janeiro Brazil.
-“Amazonia place of experience”, Museu de Arte de Pará, Belem, Brazil
-“Transperformance“, Oi Futuro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Caos e Efeito”, Instituto Cultural Itaú, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Sujeito-corpo”, Sesc-Pompéia, São Paulo, Brazil.
-“Paisagens” (Museo Nacional Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain.
-“Salão bienal do mar”, Vitória, Brazil.
-“É hoje”, Santander Cultural, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
-“The Body in Contemporary Brazilian Art”, Instituto Cultural Itaú, São Paulo, Brazil.
– 12th MAM-Bahia de Artes Plasticas Salon Prize.
Duarte has received awards in “Incentive artistic production grant program – Funarte / Ministry of Culture, visual arts”, with projects “Plus Ultra” (2008) and “We errant: Writings of existence + speak of an artist” (2013), both related to investigations in artistic processes overlapped the sports practices – research began in 2003 with the award incentives “Scholarship Prize for Research from the 45th Pernambuco Visual Arts Salon”.
-Museum of Art Rio (MAR), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-Coleção Amazoniana de Arte da UFPA, Amazonia, Brazil.
-Gilberto Chateaubriand Collection- Museum of Modern Art Rio de Janeiro (MAM RJ), Brazil.
-Museum of Modern Art of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil.
-Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), Olinda, Brazil.
-Museum of Modern Art Aloísio Magalhães (MAMAM), Recife, Brazil.
-Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), Curitiba, Brazil.
- New season of the group exhibition "Vértice" begins in São Paulo
- Last days | "Vértice", with works from the collection of Sergio Carvalho
- Opening | "Vértice", with works from the collection of Sergio Carvalho
- Curated by Marília Panitz, Marisa Mokarzel and Polyanna Morgana, group exhibition "Vértice" opens next week
- PIPA 2015 Participating Artists | Final list
- Confirmed artists on the sixth edition of PIPA Prize | Updates everyday
- PIPA 2015 nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2015 Nominees | 10th bulletin
- Last days | "Pororoca", with Armando Queiroz, Berna Reale, Ivan Grilo, Luiz Braga and Rodrigo Braga
- "Pororoca" | Group show with Armando Queiroz, Berna Reale, Ivan Grilo, Luiz Braga and Rodrigo Braga