(this page was last updated in July 2016)
Porto Alegre, Brazil, 1974.
Lives and works in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
PIPA 2014 Nominee.
Pablo Ferretti’s paintings deal with issues of accumulation and suspension and ideas of control and impermanence.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2014:
“Sob as coisas vistas do céu”, 2013. Duration: 5’26”
BA in Painting at University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
MA in Painting at the Royal College of Art, London, UK.
-“Sob as Coisas Vistas no Céu”, Centro Cultural Hélio Oiticica, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
-“Leitmotivs”, Aut Aut Arte Contemporânea, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Proibido Mortal”, Paço Municipal de Porto Alegre, Brazil.
-“Auto Stop System”, The Foundry, London, UK.
Recent Group Exhibitions:
-“To see what is coming”, Largo das Artes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Conscientia, Latin American Consciousness”, Lloyds Club, London, Brazil
-“E”, Aut Aut Arte Contemporânea, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-Art Rio 2013, Aut Aut Arte Contemporânea, Pier Mauá, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Binary”, Largo das Artes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Sob o céu de quarta-feira”, Barracão Maravilha, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
-“Parte Súbita”, Atelier Subterrânea, Porto Alegre, Brazil
-“Galeria Regresso”, Memorial do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
2010 (lived in London)
-“Exhibitionism: The Art of Display”, The Courtauld Institute of Art, Somerset House, London, UK.
-“Oscar Murillo and Pablo Ferretti Present”, Kingsgate Gallery, London, UK.
-“Nothing Gold Can Stay”, 3YE Project Space, London, UK.
-Show RCA, Royal College of Art, London, UK.
Selected projects include “3YE Project”, the occupation of a London empty factory with studios and exhibition space for artists and guest curators (2010) and “Galeria Progresso”, which turned transitional spaces such a houses and shops into exhibiting spaces (London and Porto Alegre, RS, 2009 – 2011).
Royal College of Art Collection, London, UK.
Ridley Scott/RSA Films Collection
Awards and Grants
Shortlisted for the painting award at the VI Prêmio Açorianos de Artes Plásticas, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Annual grant by Ridley Scott Associates, RSA Films Artist in Residence.
- "Beneath the Surface, Behind the Scenes" presents a selection of significant works by contemporary Latin American and Australian artists
- André Komatsu participates in Aichi Triennale 2022
- Last days to see "DECATEGORIZED Artists From Brazil"
- Luiz Teixeira de Freitas' collection on display
- PIPA nominated artists and finalists at Frieze Los Angeles 2019
- In Italy, 'Knife in the flesh' brings up political complexity from Brazil
- “BRAZIL. Knife in the flesh" brings 30 Brazilian artists to Milan
- SP-Arte reaches its 14th edition
- The hidden potential of accidents themes "Horizonte de Sucesos"
- Brazilian contemporary art in focus in "Ação e Reação"