(this page was last updated in April 2023)
Porto Alegre, Brazil, 1983.
Lives and works in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Represented by Zipper Galeria.
PIPA 2015, 2017 and 2018 nominee.
PIPA 2018 Finalist.
Works in the PIPA Institute Collection
Romy Pocztaruk holds a Master’s degree in Visual Poetics by the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). Pocztaruk’s photography and video work deals with simulations and the positions from which the artist interacts with different places.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes exclusively for PIPA Prize 2018:
She held solo shows at CDF Centro de Fotografia de Montevideo (2016), Centro Cultural São Paulo (2015), SIM Galeria (2014), Galeria Gestual (2014) and Instituto Goethe POA (2013). And she has participated in such exhibitions as “Uma coleção particular”, Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil (2015); “Telón De Fondo” (2015), “Backroom Caracas” (2015) , Venezuela; 31st São Paulo Biennial (2014), BRICS (2014), Oi Futuro Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; “Convite à Viagem – Rumos Artes Visuais” (2011-13), Itaú Cultural, São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro/Goiânia, Brazil; 9th Mercosul Biennial (2013), Porto Alegre, Brazil; “Region 0” – The Latino Video Art Festival of New York (2013), New York; 64th Paraná Hall (2012), Paraná Contemporary Art Museum, Curitiba, Brazil; Prêmio diário contemporâneo de fotografia (2012), Casa das Onze Janelas, Belém do Pará, Brazil; “Percursos Simulados” (2011), Paço das Artes, São Paulo, Brasil; “Simulated Pathways” (2011), Skalitzer 140, Berlin, Germany.
– 31st Bienal de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil (6 September – 7 December)
– “BRICS”, OI Futuro Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
-“Convite à Viagem”, Rumos Artes Visuais, Itaú Cultural, São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro/Goiânia, Brazil
– 9th Bienal do Mercosul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
-“Region 0” – The Latino Video Art Festival of New York, New York, USA
– The “64º Salão Paranaense”, at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Paraná, Curitiba, Brazil
– “Prêmio diário contemporâneo de fotografia”, Casa das onze janelas, Belém, Brazil
– “Percursos Simulados”, Paço das Artes, São Paulo, Brazil
– “Simulated Pathways”, at Skalitzer 140, Berlin, Germany
– “All Photographers Now”, Musée de l’Elysée, Paris, France
– Sunhoo Creatives in Residency, China
– Takt Kunstprojektraum, Berlin, Germany
– Instituto Sacatar, Bahia, Brazil
– Sponsored by the Iberê Camargo grant for artist residencies, Bronx Museum, New York, USA
- "Displacement" collection: check out Maxwell Alexandre's and Romy Pocztaruk's works acquired by PIPA Institute
- MEET THE 76 PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINATED ARTISTS
- PIPA PRIZE 2019 NOMINEES | 2ND BULLETIN
- PIPA Prize 2018 last exhibition week and catalogue release
- Watch the announcement of the PIPA Prize 2018 Winner
- Meet the PIPA Prize 2018 Award Jury members
- PIPA Prize 2018 Finalists Exhibition on view at MAM-Rio
- Luiz Camillo Osorio in conversation with Romy Pocztaruk
- More video-interviews with the artists nominated for PIPA Prize 2018
- Last artists' pages belonging to this edition's nominees updated