(this page was last updated in November 2021)
Campinas, Brazil, 1974.
Lives and works in Curitiba, Brazil.
PIPA 2012 and 2013 nominee.
Tatiana Stropp has been creating paintings with oil paint on aluminium plates by using a seemingly simple procedure: colour stripes made from a single stroke of the brush. The colour palette results from the different stripes overlapping and/or juxtaposing both horizontally and vertically.
From this simple painting process, and the rigueur of repeatedly producing the coloured stripes with a single brushstroke, Tatiana Stropp has developed a painting technique that highlights several colour shades as well as the opacities and transparencies resulting from the colour accumulation that takes place on the aluminium surface. The thin and transparent paint layers cause the colours to mix on top of the aluminium surface, creating situations of opacity and ambient light reflection. It is a simple work that begins and ends with each brushstroke, but which, as the colour stripes overlap and crisscross, reveals a new universe of hues, opacities, light reflections – the simple becomes complex.
Video produced by Matrioska Filmes exclusively for PIPA 2013.
- Feira PARTE Cidade Jardim | See some of the artworks showcased
- SP Arte 2014 | Highlights of the 10th edition
- SP-Arte | Galleries, artists and highlights of the 10th edition
- Updates in some artists' pages
- New video | Tatiana Stropp
- PIPA Online 2013 begins in 9 days
- Full list of PIPA 2013 artists
- PIPA 2013 Nominees | Full list
- PIPA 2013 Nominated Artists
- PIPA 2013 Nominees | 6th Bulletin