(this page was last updated in June 2016)
Salvador, Brazil, 1982.
Lives and works in Salvador, Brazil.
Represented by Gallery Luiz Fernando Landeiro.
PIPA 2015 nominee.
The artist’s research materialize itself through performances, sentences and objects, where the language and its possibilities (as a game) works as a labour field in which his visual compositions develop. For Minervino this field is carried out in the world, and their actions take the private area of homes, open spaces in the city, galleries and museums. His visual reflections – including urban elements, everyday images and the imaginary constructed by the electronic media – create a gamble with the Brazilian political and cultural history. The use of language and the repositioning of objects are intertwined in the design of his works, as the two elements become closely linked.
– 3rd Biennial of Bahia – “É Tudo Nordeste”, Salvador, Brazil.
– “Incorpora – Portas Abertas para as Artes Visuais 2013” / Coletivo Osso – Salvador, Brazil.
– “Tuti Va Bene – 10 Anos”, Salvador, Brazil.
– 12º Salão Nacional de Artes de Itajaí, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
– “Corpos Informáticos”, Brasília, Brazil.
– “Ocupado”, Galeria Aliança Francesa, Salvador, Brazil.
Awards, Grants and Residencies
– Prêmio Mobilidade Artística, Casa de Matheus, SECULT, Portugal.
– Honorable Mention, Salões de Artes Visuais da Bahia, FUNCEB, Irerê, Juazeiro, Brazil.
– Artist Residency Award, FAAP, São Paulo, Brazil.
– “Edital bolsa Funarte”, grant for visual arts, Brazil.