(this page was last updated in April 2021)
São Paulo, Brazil, 1978.
Lives and works in Crato, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2020 nominee.
PIPA Prize 2020 finalist.
PIPA Prize 2020 winner.
Member of the PIPA Nominating Committee 2021.
PhD and Master in Visual Arts from the Institute of Arts of UNESP and specialist in Curatorship and Education in Art Museums from the Museum of Contemporary Art of USP. Visual artist and assistant professor at URCA/CE, in which she composed the Scientific Research Committee, she was coordinator of the Visual Arts Degree Course and the PIBID subproject of the same course and coordinates the Research group NZINGA – Novos Ziriguiduns (Inter)Nacionais Gerados na Arte. She has worked at Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo, Itaú Cultural Institute, São Paulo Cultural Center, SESC, SESI/FIESP, among other venues. She composed the editorial board of the magazine O Menelick 2nd act and is a member of the Scientific Committee of the CSO Congress of the Faculty of Fine Arts of Lisbon. She coordinated the Nucleus of Education of the Afro Brazil Museum. Recently she participated in the exhibitions FIAC/France 2017, Black Evidences, at Caixa Cultural/SP/Brazil, Absent Dialogues, at Itaú Cultural and at Galpão Bela Maré in RJ, and finally in Afro-Atlantic Histories at Tomie Ohtake Institute/MASP, and she was the invited artist of the 29° Programa de Exposições do Centro Cultural São Paulo. The art produced by women and men of black-African descent has been the main theme of her research and this reverberates in many ways in her production on visual arts.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes, exclusively for PIPA Prize 2020:
Renata Felinto – Série Cada Voz, 2020. Duration: 6’52”
Renata Felinto e Sidney Amaral – O Negro nas Artes Visuais – Diálogos Ausentes, 2016. Duration: 123’23”
Cultne na TV – Renata Felinto, 2016 (1st part). Duration: 13’23”
Cultne na TV – Renata Felinto, 2016 (2nd part). Duration: 15’27”
“Art é Arte! #13 Arte e Fatos 1/3”, 2015. Duration: 9’13”
Visual Artist Renata Felinto on V Latinidades, 2013. Duration: 8’39”
- Check out the decision about PIPA Prize 2020
- PIPA Prize 2020 catalogue is now available for download
- A mistake in the catalogue and an apology
- Conversation between Luiz Camillo Osorio and Renata Felinto
- Brazilian 'Black Consciousness Day': meet artists who elaborate on blackness
- Gê Viana and Renata Felinto were selected for the Collection of Brazilian Photographers, in France
- See the complete Finalists takeover 2020 here!
- Meet the finalists of PIPA Prize 2020!
- Discover pages and video-interviews of artists nominated for the first time for the Prize
- MEET THE 72 NOMINEES FOR PIPA PRIZE 2020