(this page was last updated in August 2020)
Salvador, Brazil, 1980.
Lives and works in Salvador, Brazil.
PIPA Prize 2020 nominee.
Born in the neighbourhood of Liberdade, in Salvador, Bahia. In 2007, he moved to the rural area of Sao Sebastiao, satellite city of Brasilia. Walking around the rural area, on the edge of the road and landfills, made it possible for him to start collecting materials found that, in a way, are memories of what was once present or in transit through the places that Shevan produces. In 2008, he begins his art production as a craftsman, which helps him to create pictorial compositions of an imagetic vocabulary that gives his production a characteristic regional aspect through the assemblage technique. In 2009, he begins his performing arts course ar the Faculdade de Artes Dulcina de Moraes. The course hasn’t been concluded yet, but brought contact with other artists and discussions that located the artist’s production. Nowadays, with his artworks in private collections of Sao Paulo, Federal District and Goias, he can, at the moment, dedicate himself to new and deeper investigations of his artistic processes in Salvador, Bahia.
Video produced by Do Rio Filmes, exclusively for PIPA Prize 2020:
– Segundo Salão Mestre D’Armas, Brasilia, Brazil
– “Onde Anda a Onda 3”, reopening of Espaço Cultural da 508 sul, Brasilia, Brazil
– “Onde Anda a Onda 2”, Museu Nacional de Brasília, Brazil
2014 – 2017
– “Autópsia”, actor and cast’s sound design, dir. Jonathan Andrade, Vila Tele-Brasília, FUNARTE, Brasilia, Brazil
– “Tubo de Ensaio”, performance presentation “My Teta Fica”, UnB, Brasilia, Brazil
– Residence at Pé Vermelho EC, Planaltina, Brasilia, Brazil [February – December, 2019]